Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a video of my car making a pass last Friday. As with the other passes of the night I had to shut down and wait for timing computer problems. So I just did a light reheat of the tires. When watching the video I noticed that the left rear tire appears to come off the pavement during launch. I've even slowed it down and it is definitely doing a little hop and can see light under the tire for a split instant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY0fHouCTn0

Went 1.39, 6.51 @ 103+, 10.32 @ 128.5 on this pass. Weight is 3600. M&J Olds 468, TH400, 4500 stall UCC converter, and 4.33 12 bolt with 30x10.5 M&H Racemasters.

Rear suspension is solid bushed(aluminum bushing with greaseable steel pivot) rear tubular arms in stock locations, tops are adjustable, and Strange Double adjustable shocks that are set roughly in the middle of each setting. Front is stock A-arms that have been lightened, long SS style upper ball joints(gives 3-4"of extra travel), Tempest springs, and SP-1 shocks that are going to be replaced over the winter. (ideas?) The front shocks are set as tight as they will go.

Now that I know what the "scooting" feeling is coming from what is suggested to make the tire stay on the ground? I'm not a major suspension tuner so suggestions are greatly appreciated.

TIA

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
I dont think its coming off the ground, but its killing the sidewall then unwinding and bouncing the car, what I call basket balling the tire. There is a lot of hit on the tire.
Slow the ext on the rear shock
More air
Stiff sidewall tire
This is the kind of car that loves a Drag Radial

1 - 2 of 2 Posts