Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If building a car for stock suspension racing, what car has the best rear suspension, assuming all cars are going weigh the same and can get the same balance etc. What would be the best to start with, Mustang, F-Body 3rd or 4th Gen, G-body, Leaf spring?

·
Registered
908 Posts
mustang's have the four link, and for example look at wolfe, stock suspension radial, goes 4.44, speaks for itself in my opinion

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
A lot can be "made" to work great. But if I had it to do all over again, it would be a Mustang. Plus you are starting with a car that is lighter and being able to move weight around is nice.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
mustang's have the four link, and for example look at wolfe, stock suspension radial, goes 4.44, speaks for itself in my opinion
True, but it also had a torque arm, like a 3rd gen Camaro....

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
If building a car for stock suspension racing, what car has the best rear suspension, assuming all cars are going weigh the same and can get the same balance etc. What would be the best to start with, Mustang, F-Body 3rd or 4th Gen, G-body, Leaf spring?
How fast do you plan on going? 1/4mile or 1/8 mile? All 4link/tq arm cars can be made to work good, but if you're running fast 1/4 mile stuff, a longer wheelbase will be your friend...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts