Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to relocate radiator and water pump to rear. I modified my electric pump but it's not flowing enough and getting hot. Looking for what pump to run that will flow enough to keep it cool.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am running -10 hose. I had it on there late last year with water pump and radiator up front without issue. Relocating to rear n oh w the issue. Do you think the pump just isn't enough? Or not enough pressure with the -10 lines?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. What it seems like it the flow from the radiator into the tstat housing is low. The block fittings seem to flow a lot more. Do I was thinking pressure is low...

·
OG Member since 9/7/06
16,862 Posts
I used -20 with twin Civic radiators under the trunk in series. Factory mechanical pump with an inline pump on return side also (drag week build) and it worked like a champ.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Running alcohol. I dont need much just more than what it's doing right now

·
The Liquor Makes Me Think
2,977 Posts
I used -20 with twin Civic radiators under the trunk in series. Factory mechanical pump with an inline pump on return side also (drag week build) and it worked like a champ.
Is the airflow only coming from fans then? no "free" flow like a traditional style.

·
OG Member since 9/7/06
16,862 Posts
Is the airflow only coming from fans then? no "free" flow like a traditional style.
I also had free flow air as I had them spaced down about 2 in from the trunk floor and had some ducting that caught air from underneath the car and directed it up to the tops of the radiators between the trunk floor and the core.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Mezere 55gpm pump is another good option. They offer radiator mount as well as remote mount. The -10 hose has too much friction loss per/ft. -12 at a minimum, double supply/return is available on Mezere pumps and a good option. -16 as stated above is good if single supply/return. I am going to use a two(2) pass dragster radiator with remote pump and expansion/fill tank in the trunk area.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also not sure who has used this but I am running one. It is having issues letting water out into overflow without any pressure. I tried 2 different used radiator caps with no luck. Any ideas?

·
Registered
15 Posts
What pump are you using?
I went with a single EWP150, 16an hoses, 1" aluminum piping in the center of the car, aluminum dual pass Scirocco style radiator, Moroso style expansion tank, and the 16an line splits to 2 12an lines in/out at the engine. No run time yet but don't foresee any issues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts