Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mr. Noisy
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so its more like mid mount, just behind the cab in a pick up.

what do you use to return the oil back to the sump?

can you use a dry sump scavenge pump to return it to the sump? or are you better off using an electric pump of some sort?

what part of the sump to you return the oil back to?

·
Mr. Noisy
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.

engine belt driven pump im assuming?

i understand it should be at the top of the pan, but does it matter if its at the frnt or side?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have run front and side ... Ilu can run the cheap yilton unit or the exera pump but it's about double the price ! Bolth are 12 volt

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I've been thinking about a mid-mount set-up like this for a while now. Since an extra pump is involved anyway, why couldn't a guy just have a seperate 1-1.5 gallon tank for turbo oil? Use the pump for oil to the turbo(s), instead of all the way back to the engine. I think some Pro-Stock pulling tractors were/are doing this to prolong bearing life on their $10k plus turbos.
It would save a lot of plumbing, and since most engines use 8 or less quarts in the pan anyway, I can't see where they would be starved for oil.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
With a truck, a self contained oil system would be easy to fit, and safest too. Loose motor, turbo doesnt eat garbage. Lose turbo, engine doesnt eat garbage. I run a completely self contain 2.5 quart system in my trunk mount Firebirds setup. Rock solid oil pressure all day every day. Go from 85 psi with my journal bearing turbo, to a 40 psi setup for a ballbearing turbo in 30 seconds

·
Mr. Noisy
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, so what pump would you use for a stand alone oiling system?
what oil would you use? im assuming you could use a shit hot oil just for the turbo and the engine could have exactly what it needs, no compromise....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts