Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am by far a engine guy so I have a question for ya guys. When I put the back cap on do I have to do anything special?only think I am doing is a new rear main seal. Same bearing. This is on a 351w.any help would be great. Its a lot of work to redo if I dont get it right the first time. Thanks for any help mike

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
1 peice rear main seal or 2?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont have to put sealent were the 2 touch together?also just put the cap on and tighten up dont have to do anything special?thanks for any info mike

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when i put the seal in under the crank it does not come up flush on each side of the block it is down about 1/8 inch.but if i put it around the crank on the outside of the block where the flywheel bolts up i can make both seals touch.do i have the right seal anyone know. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
580 Posts
What is crazy is this motor didnt have a rear main seal in it when he got it. It is a dry sump motor and well he had a automatic in the car it didnt leak at all! It is now a stick car and seems to leak when the car warms up. That is what caused him to pulll the motor and look at it. I have done alot of chevy motors and never a ford not sure how the seal goes in there. but, it almost seems like the seal that came when ordered is just not think enough to fill the void in the block.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts