Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using this setup with ladderbars or is it more commonly used with 4-links? I was thinking about trying one with my setup. Any PRO's/CON's.........and info/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Wes

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same set up as you do but my car is not running yet. hopefully someone with this set up will reply.The guy doing my headers and tinwork said typically it is not needed for a ladder bar set up.

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
I ran my ladder bar car with no anti roll bar. It didn't seem to need one. I've been told that the ladder bars stop most of the body roll.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
On these Ladder bar setups, are you running solid rod ends or Heim Joints? I was thinking about this the other day & I have solid rod ends in mine & it does not really rotate any. I would assume thats partly because the rod end wont rotate in the bracket & a Heim Joint will rotate on the ball.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
I had the cheapo mild steal heim joints. I would upgrade to chromoly heims.

I'm not sure if the solid rod ends are enough. That's a Bill G. question.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
you would have to rotate the axle tubes in opposite directions since the brackets are welded directly to them to get any body roll.i would never use a m/s heim for any suspension part under alot of stress,thats just me,less chance for failure.an anti-roll is pretty useless on a ladder bar setup

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bill G>

What type of heims come in the Art Morrison ladderbars. If I need to upgrade what do I need to get and where can I get it.............

Thanks guys for the anti-roll info.........

Wes

·
Registered
499 Posts
No ARB on my Malibu with ladder bars. It leaves level every time, even with giant wheelstands.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Adding one made all the difference in the world to my Malibu. It had a S&W rear frame kit. Tied to the cage. Bars were 24 inches apart. Car would twist. Adding an ARB changed the whole attitude of the car on the launch. All this was about 11 years ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts