Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i need a info while im building a car with non adjustable shock mount
before finish the tail of the chassis im need to know how much does a car lower in the slicks
im using 33x17 slicks what will be the center line height of the rear end housing?

·
Registered
16,387 Posts
Why non adjustable shock mounts? Seems like your severely limiting yourself to me. What if you need to change to a taller shock package. etc?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have it all mocked up but what i want to know is how much will will in lower in the slicks when put the car with all weight and tire pressure
like bickle explain on front tire if you are running 26 tire the cinter will be 11.50

·
Registered
438 Posts
You will never know that dimension until you get the car on them....and with thin sidewall slicks it can change alot based on tire pressure. Look up the specs to get a section width...it will give you an idea. Like tread may be 12" but section width (bulge in the middle) will be 11.5" This is usually based on some pressure number...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
Amd i just noticed i got my numbers backwards....say 11.5" tread, may have a 12" or more section width. Low air pressure, lots of squat

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Ride height is determined when you set up the suspension. I set up using a strut in place of the shock at the height that I want to run the shock. This would be the ride height. install the strut in place of the shock and set up the suspension angles that you want on your 4 link or ladder bar. Then pu the shocks back in the car and set the car back on the ground with every thing at race weight including driver and fuel. Then check the ride height on the shock to see that it matches the height exactly to what it was with the strut installed. You can make the strut out of a piece of flat bar or tubing. the shock should be about 60% compressed with the weight on it. The shock Mfg. should be able to give you an installed height for the best performance of their shock. Ride height and body height are 2 different things

1 - 9 of 9 Posts