Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mike
7,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for rear DAs with the adjusters on the lower body, the car is lowered, springs moved inboard Smith Assassin bars. I have not seen Strange listed that low on the list.(SSAMX thread) I'm looking for rear DAs with the adjusters on the lower body if possible, as the top of the shock is a little tough to get to. Any solutions from the pros?

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
PM sent

·
OG Member since 9/7/06
17,329 Posts
Call Chris Bell @ Kinetic Engineering

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
Mike, what springs did you use/are on the car?

I picked up an Ex Fj Smith SuperStock '67 Nova for my street driver. Still tubbed but bars removed, FULL interior and consol. Has mono-leafs and slapper bars. Going to try it got this year and see how it goes.

I have a set of Koni DA coilovers sitting from my other '66 Nova SS car that Fj did as well. I switched to Koni Electrics and these were sitting on shelf. Extensions is the same but will need to check body length and compression. Just not sure I want to go CO spring or stick with leafs. Time will tell.

My '67 has Heidts front end. 427 BB that I built and there's a thread on it here. I was told by customer you have a thread over on TC about it. I was surprised the mild lil 427 cranked out 629Hp. ALMOST too much for these little drivers.

Do you have a weight on your car? The guy I bought this car off said it was 2800 with the 502 w/Al heads. He was 260lbs. So no sure how accurate that weight is. I will know soon what it weights after the T400 and Gear Vendor is in this month.

Good Luck, John

·
Mike
7,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm buying the car as a roller, single leaf, unless the stub is considered as a multi leaf. The last Koni's I had, and another one on a door slammer was labor intensive to adjust. How are yours done? The car is not here, and ride height is not set with weight yet.

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
The longer of a stroke you run the better with cal tracs, the 66 I used to run ( there are videos of it in the shock sticky ) had 7 inch stroke konis on it, regularly had mid to low 1.20 sixties with the car on a 275 DR. I would definitely check out the Viking shocks, both knobs are on the lower shock body, purchased a pair for the front of the car I’m currently running at the end of last year and for the money I’m impressed with the quality. And I love the fact that you can revalve the shock yourself by changing the needle and seat.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm buying the car as a roller, single leaf, unless the stub is considered as a multi leaf. The last Koni's I had, and another one on a door slammer was labor intensive to adjust. How are yours done? The car is not here, and ride height is not set with weight yet.

Our compression and rebound knobs are near the base of the shock perpendicular to the mounting bolt. If you have a stud coming off of you lower leaf spring plate facing towards the rear of the car, then the adjustment knobs would face towards the center of the car.

We usually like to start with an installed ride height so that we know how much we can maximize your extension travel without minimizing too much compression travel. We offer shocks in 2.8", 3.6", 4.2", 4.65", 5.25", 5.75", 6.75", 7", 7.75", and 9" stroke. There is a lot of different hardware options so we can put a shock package together to best match your performance needs.

The fastest way to get a hold of us is by calling 952-469-4130.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I used the Strange shocks on mine. I never had an issue with them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts