Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
23,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In fact, the profits from OxyContin were massive, and growing every year. In Canada and the United States, where the drug was also patented, Purdue has made more than $30-billion (U.S.) from OxyContin since the mid-1990s.
Gives the history of the drug, how it was marketed as being "safe", and how the medical community embraced it and began prescribing it for anything and everything. Quite an interesting read on Big Pharma.

Here's something else I'd imagine most people don't know exists .... a Medical Advertising Hall of Fame. That's kind of an oxymoron, don't you think?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/investigations/oxycontin/article33448409/

·
El Diablo Blanco
6,780 Posts
I got some at the ER last month for my back. Had to double up on the 10's they gave me to get relief but they helped.

·
I feared for my life!!!
14,663 Posts
I'll read it later. Right now I have to go get my 'scripts refilled...

·
Registered
669 Posts
I took 1 pill that a dentist prescribed to me when I was 21 while I was on vacation. Had a couple drinks before I took the pill and it messed me up so bad I dumped the last 9 pills in the toilet. My mom told me I had a full blown conversation with our dog of that gives you any idea how bad it messed me up.

·
TEAM CARB
45,347 Posts
I took 1 pill that a dentist prescribed to me when I was 21 while I was on vacation. Had a couple drinks before I took the pill and it messed me up so bad I dumped the last 9 pills in the toilet. My mom told me I had a full blown conversation with our dog of that gives you any idea how bad it messed me up.
The reason why we have major issues filtering drugs out of water.

·
Registered
669 Posts
The reason why we have major issues filtering drugs out of water.
If parts per trillion in tap water is an issue oh well. Guess you think your body metabolises 100% of any drug you take also? Hopefully you don't piss or shit in your toilet

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
If parts per trillion in tap water is an issue oh well. Guess you think your body metabolises 100% of any drug you take also? Hopefully you don't piss or shit in your toilet
The SHIT enters the food stream think about that next time you want crab/salmon/halibut.....gets into the fishies....then the birds eat the fish....it's screwing up the entire world!

·
Registered
18,777 Posts
Gives the history of the drug, how it was marketed as being "safe", and how the medical community embraced it and began prescribing it for anything and everything.
And similarly, Heroin was introduced in the late 1800s as a “safe, non-addictive” substitute for morphine. Some medical people learn hard, some don't care.

·
Registered
669 Posts
The SHIT enters the food stream think about that next time you want crab/salmon/halibut.....gets into the fishies....then the birds eat the fish....it's screwing up the entire world!
:rolleyes: if you think the fish are high on oxy's then maybe your the one that is. I'm sure you take some kind of medicine so hopefully you'll start drinking your own piss to cut down on these fish that are high on Oxy's.

·
Which is more disturbed?
10,577 Posts
Opiates and opioids are not antibiotics you fucking nimrod

·
Registered
487 Posts
Some people are easily addicted to most anything, lack of will power or just a big old scoop of "I don't give a fuck" and other people can take it or leave it. I have never had an issue with anything being addictive. Cept, maybe drag racing...lol, but that is pretty much kept in check by the availability of money more than anything.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Never took any really strong pain medicine outside the hospital. But when I had an emergency surgery a couple of years ago they gave me Dilaudid. That stuff made me see shit when I closed my eyes and I thought that I was going crazy. I would never understand why someone would want to feel the way that made me feel.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts