Yellow Bullet Forums banner

121 - 140 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
16,181 Posts
Damn... prayers to you and your family, Rev.

·
Mother Hen
49,397 Posts
Hey, Coach....here's the update and it's not good news. My daughter is not critical at this point but struggling....and about 4 hours ago I started experiencing symptoms. No fever; could just be a 'chest cold' but it's definitely in there. Pretty damn scared, I don't mind telling you.
Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear that. You and your daughter will remain in my prayers for the duration. Don't try to tough this one out. If symptoms get the least bit bad, head to the hospital. Please. Keep us updated if you can.

·
Registered
12,639 Posts
I wish you and yours well Rev, this scenario is real, it is not a test.
Some fkn Muppets are making jokes about it, those idiots are soon going to wise up, you can bet that.

·
Aviation Section
23,824 Posts
Don't take anti inflammatory drugs right now such is ibuprofen, don't cook with anti inflammatory things either, like olive oil. You need your immune systems revved up.
A Pilot buddy sent me this yesterday and I think I posted it on another thread, here it is again for this one:

Not sure (if) this is true but I will send it just to be SAFE.

Subject: Tylenol

Information from Vienna’s laboratory studying COVID-19 say vast majority of people who died had ibuprofen/Advil in their system so do not take it!! Those who recovered did not take ibuprofen so if you have symptoms, take Paracetamol only!!! Looks like this virus thrives on ibuprofen so don’t do it and tell everyone you can!!!

I just spoke with my friend who is a nurse at VGH (Vancouver) and they just learned that Advil makes the virus 10x worse. Tylenol ONLY for the time being. She said Advil kickstarts the virus into pneumonia.

Dave

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
A Pilot buddy sent me this yesterday and I think I posted it on another thread, here it is again for this one:

Information from Vienna’s laboratory studying COVID-19 say vast majority of people who died had ibuprofen/Advil in their system so do not take it!! Those who recovered did not take ibuprofen so if you have symptoms, take Paracetamol only!!! Looks like this virus thrives on ibuprofen so don’t do it and tell everyone you can!!!

I just spoke with my friend who is a nurse at VGH (Vancouver) and they just learned that Advil makes the virus 10x worse. Tylenol ONLY for the time being. She said Advil kickstarts the virus into pneumonia.

Dave
I was told the same thing by my doctor. Tylenol only.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I think if one of my kids was sick I would go to their home if they live alone to be with them. We could be sick together. If parent can give a kidney to a child, I would risk being sick to be with them if they had no one else (another adult) to be there with them
Why do I think of jumping into the water to save a drowning person, when you can't swim?

·
Registered
54,431 Posts
Don't take anti inflammatory drugs right now such is ibuprofen, don't cook with anti inflammatory things either, like olive oil. You need your immune systems revved up.

Dave
This could be anther one of those out of control, panic internet hoaxes.

Here is the official word:

I remember a few days ago when the Marshall Law and Stafford Act hoax was viral, especially in facebook. Some of my intelligent friends freaked out and spread the hoax and panicked people foolishly.

·
Registered
13,244 Posts

Three cases in China brought about this rumor. And there was apparently no evidence in those three cases.
Good job...People spread this shit without even checking....It's part of the problem we are currently experiencing....

·
Registered
4,173 Posts

Three cases in China brought about this rumor. And there was apparently no evidence in those three cases.
Yes. Bad advice spreads fast on YB...

·
Registered
35,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Rev, sorry to hear that, how do you know its Covid-19?
Here's an update. To answer your question, the hospital docs told her that her test was nothing more than a formality; that according to her particular symptoms, the results from whatever blood work they did, and what they were observing that she was 100 percent positive. Her fever has settled in around 102.5, shortness of breath to the point of nearly passing out at times, dry cough, loss of smell, etc.

Well, an hour ago she got her test results back. And she's NEGATIVE. And I don't have to tell you the emotions going on with not just her and I, but quite a few people we were both exposed to who were worried to death. She does have a pretty stout case of pneumonia, and that's being tended to now...but it's not COVID-19 related. 3 days from now they want to retest to make sure but it looks like we're out of the woods. In retrospect I wish they hadn't told her "100 percent positive" when they didn't actually have the results in hand but it truly did seem that way....

Myself, I feel a slight chest cold coming on, not an unusual occurrence for me, but no fever and nothing at all like what she went through so I'm sure I'll be alright. She has to remain quarantined and I'll be taking the same precautions as before since this crap is obviously still out there. But believe me, we're breathing a big sigh of relief this afternoon.

I give thanks to the power of prayer. I give thanks to the power of people like every person in this thread who have sent best wishes, prayers and thoughts. I give thanks to the power of science, medicine and medical personnel. And I give thanks to the fact that every now and then, we all simply need a bit of good luck. And brother, did we ever just get some of that.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Praying for you Rev and your daughter.
I’m in New York and it’s nuts here.
To same I’m shitting a brick is an understatement.
God bless you sir. And your daughter.

121 - 140 of 159 Posts