Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much can you push out of a stock block with a short fill 383 with a decent lower end, Dart Iron Eagle or similar heads, a single plane manifold, and a good blow through carb? This will have an air/air intercooler as well. It will be driven on the street on 93 octane pump gas, but raced on race gas. I know I posted a somewhat similar thread a week or so ago, but I want to see what could be done with a 70mm. Thanks...

·
Registered
425 Posts
550-600 and should live fairly well

·
Registered
3,336 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
On a bone stock 302 in my mustang with just an F cam swap I made 460 at the tires on pump gas(92 oct) and 11psi with a MP T70.

Contact VS Racing for the Best pricing on master power turbos!! 1-972-987-5607

They have awsome specials on www.theturboforums.com under sponcer's classifieds as well.

hope this helps

Travis

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
How much can you push out of a stock block with a short fill 383 with a decent lower end, Dart Iron Eagle or similar heads, a single plane manifold, and a good blow through carb? This will have an air/air intercooler as well. It will be driven on the street on 93 octane pump gas, but raced on race gas. I know I posted a somewhat similar thread a week or so ago, but I want to see what could be done with a 70mm. Thanks...
MP 70 are not true 70mm. And they work better on smaller motors, a 383 with mp or true 70 will only make 500-600 ish hp.
Alot of motor of a little turbo.

You would be better to look at a GT 76 or BW 75.

·
Registered
340 Posts
id have to assume a 70mm turbo on a v8 engine would be good but only if it does not rev too high. at that point(high rpm) the turbo would be choking the engine (exccesive backpressure/ boost falling off @ higher rpms) the cyls would still be filled with "dead" air, and loosing power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
MP 70 are not true 70mm. And they work better on smaller motors, a 383 with mp or true 70 will only make 500-600 ish hp.
Alot of motor of a little turbo.

You would be better to look at a GT 76 or BW 75.
MP T70 measures 69.1mm on the inducer and would be fine on a mild 383 using the .96a/r back housing. That turbo would have no problem making 650whp. If you want more, MP just released a 76 that should flow enough for 750-800.

Marshall

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
forcedinductions.com

get the borgwarner s475 i paid 617 shipped, 2 different hotside choices, the motor will breathe better and make more power

Nice to see you here Crowder...

·
Registered
845 Posts
I can vouch for the Green Firebird in Dayton....I have watched that car many times at the track and it flies.

I was there during a Diesel Truck race and I work for Valco Cincinnati Inc. I was most interested in the Firebird because I have been building my 74' Monte Carlo with a Single turbo blow thru set-up...

I just bought a 76mm Precision T4 .96 A/r that should work alot better than my 67mm I have now.

My car is 99% Finished...Just a paint spray and interior assembly from being done for now.

That Green Firebird really got me into gear to finish mine....I am running a stock 350 Chevy with the 67mm and .68 A/r housing turbine. Of course in my car right now it works great with the stock cam and 2.73 rear gear. I dont have to run much RPM for the car to hustle....It'll burn the drag radials all the way down the street. A engineer at my office swears my combo is good for 540 horsepower.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts