Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok to start this off i'm am completely fine with the idea behind the real street class in orsca. It is a great idea with a good purpose and that purpose is to invite more of the avg hotrod guy into the organized racing scene. Well heres the rant. My buddy zack (69 camaro ss on here) and a couple of us took his car to run the 'real street' class well zacks car is full interior meets everysingle rule that they laid out besides the exhaust ran all the way to the back of the car (its dumped at the axle).

So we get there to tech in. First off we had to go pull the tech guy out of the tower to come down and actually tech the damn cars. Second all tech consist of looking under the hood and nodding and asking if you have insurance on the car and thats tech lol! Well we kinda laugh it off but then all of the 'real street' participents are called to qualify, this is where I got heated. There were cars there with aluminum racing seats, funny car cages, slicks, air shifters, lift off front ends, tube chasiss cars, trans brakes, no wipers, no working lights besides tail lights, no blinkers, pretty much full out race cars.

Well we start joking around about making everyone taking a 45 minute cruise from the track to gadsen and back, well one of the 'real street' drivers said " Hell nah I aint gonn do that Ive only got a 5 gallon cell and c16 is fucking expensive as hell, the damn motor pings on c12!" and that when we decided we just paid for a really expensive test and tune session.

At the drivers meeting later on that night the official pretty much told everyone that they were dropping all of the rules besides the tire and ignition box rule so that they could accomodate some of the break-out 7.0 and 6.0 guys because they wanted to run. Now I would have had no problem with these cars had they passed a half decent ran tech inspection and somewhat resembeled a street car. I think the class itself is a great idea once again, but fuck stick to your rules that you put out, don't go changing it to goddamn accomodate every single guy that can't make it in ez street or 10.5 outlaw. I mean there was a grand national there that was making 5.40 passes in the real street class WTF IS THAT! lol.

Anyways there is my rant. The jist of the entire thing is that I think the class is a good idea if the rules were set and were stayed to true to and that if there was some sort of cruise to go on to prove the streetibility of the car. I love the idea of bringing a class to orsca that can allow my buddys and I a chance to go out and experience it and have fun running but to hell with it if its going to be like that.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I was there and yes they do need to stick to the damn rules.. Cars with funny car cages, chute mounts, charging lugs on the bumpers, mufflers on the headers, etc should not be allowed to run in this class. If I had known they were gonna toss the rules out the window I would have brought my car.

BUT, from what I could tell the car that won looked to be pretty legit and within the rules.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It was fun, just wish tech would have been a little better. A lot of the rules were thrown out. It would really be fun if they did a 30 mile cruise through town or something to prove the streetability of the cars.

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
Well I will see if I can help answer some of your questions you may have for the REAL STREET class...BTW I'm the guy in staging you talked too.

First Here's a link to the thread for this race>>>http://outlawracing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=321

In this link you will find the flyer for the REAL STREET CLASS. This is the same rule set that was there for the Atlanta race. The original rules I told you we had(that were done away with), we had the class at Montgomery and no one showed up. We tried asking what was wrong and everyone said there are way to many rules and we won't come. So Todd and I decided, make the tire the limiting factor, and require the Street stuff. Also here is a link to the rules section which has the rules for this class>>>http://outlawracing.com/index.php?page=rulebooks#realstreet

As far as you and the few other cars that had to be teched in, in the staging lanes, we had tech opened at 9am this morning, and ends just before 1st round of qualifying so tech can take a break, then get ready to start working the cars as they make passes. The tech guy was in the tower because he was getting ready to come off his break and head down to the other end of the track and tech cars for each pass...

None of the cars had lift off front ends, and I saw every car there, and none of them were on slicks.

As far as the cruise, it was discussed before hand, but it's a big headache and just made the class more difficult than it needed to be. The idea is good and may get enforced later on, but as of now the class is new and we're just trying to get it off the ground.

The Grand National had a 270c.i. V6, but besides that he was on a 275/60 and was moved up to EZ Street.

I'm glad you like the class, and enjoyed yourselves. We're glad to have ya'll and hope you come back. As far as us not sticking to the rules, I assure you there wasn't a car there in the class, that wasn't legal. As far as the cars without wipers, this again is a non-competition item. They are warned at this race and ask to fix it at the next race. We're not sending 9 guys home for not having wipers, or you for not having exhaust out the back. If you really enjoy the class, support it and let your friends know they should run it as well. The more support the class gets, the more it can take off and be the greatest class there is in ORSCA.

Thanks, Chad Wright

P.S. If you have any other questions feel free to call me 256-856-2808

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OH ya man trust I love the class I think it is an awesome way (like I said) to bring some of the more avg hot rod guys into a more mainstream race event. But I do have to contest you on a few things. 1. The Purple mustang that you guys teched before us did have a lift off front end. 2.The flat black malibu looked to have been on slicks with a ladder bar supension set up. Now I agree on you not wanting to send guys home that made the drive all the way there, thats just good hospitality. But at the same time we spent all day and night that previous friday getting everysingle light, blinker, and windshield wiper running and we agreed that we would take a chance on the dumped exhaust because that really doesn't define a street car or not. I think the cruise would be an AWESOME and I mean AWESOME idea. Please don't get me wrong I not trying to bash anyone I'm just a little mad at how some of the stuff was ran and I wanted to add a few comments coming from someone who participated in the class how it could be made a little better, other than saying "Hey I there are to many rules and I wanna run my 5.30 class race car in a class I know I can win." I think the rules on the flier now are great rules but they should be followed to the exact form they were laid out and add the Cruise rule. If you guys could organize that into the rules and class I think you would have a damn good showing and a bunch of happy guys that would be more than willing to pay to get in and run a real 'real street class'.

Thanks tho for responding back to my post in a mature way as I do appreciate the gesture. Like Ive said tho in my other post I love the idea of the class, just get it back to its roots and stand by your rules and let the class build. Huge corporations don't just pop up over night they have to build and develop over time.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Tiny that "cruise" bullshit is gay! Its a huge waste of time and a pain in the ass to deal with. Thats my opinion and if you don't like it we can fight at the Taco Bell and I will stab you in the neck with a plastic spork you overgrown lil bitch! :D

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,113 Posts
CAN I RUN A 540BBC IN THIS CLASS ?? :)

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,113 Posts
only if you smack a 14-71 Littlefield on top and run it on 80% Nitro ;)
I GOT YOUR MESSAGE....SORRY I WAS COVERED UP IN HONEY DOOS..:)

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
In the past I think thecruise is the best part about this type of class. It has always been my favorite class (type). FFW had always gotten huge numbers for this type of class, it just takes time to build it up. I also think that what we did/tried to do on the East Coast with splitting the class into two classes after the qualifiers was well accepted. It made it very competive for the pro cars, and the average cars. i.e. after the class split, 10second and slower cars suddenly had chances at a throphy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tiny that "cruise" bullshit is gay! Its a huge waste of time and a pain in the ass to deal with. Thats my opinion and if you don't like it we can fight at the Taco Bell and I will stab you in the neck with a plastic spork you overgrown lil bitch! :D

Hay hay hay now I will beat the hell outta you with an omlet shop standing burrito then eat it off of your fallen big smokin ass body lol! BUT hell I think the cruise idea would be perfect if someone could organize it! Hell yall can cruise out right in front of ftp and beat up yellow evos i'm sure you could cruise a little bit at steele! :smt084 FAGGOT! lol :p

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,548 Posts
lol i remember them saying this class wont run 5.50s and such with these rules its a low 6 sec class high 5s..me and others said not with them rules..and that was the org rules..sounds like its just a open modified street class..lol

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
lol i remember them saying this class wont run 5.50s and such with these rules its a low 6 sec class high 5s..me and others said not with them rules..and that was the org rules..sounds like its just a open modified street class..lol
You could take a Modified Street car and swap the tires out to 26" radials and run both classes no problem. A modified street car would be perfectly legal besides the 7531 box and thats easy enough to hide.

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
I don't wanna comment too much on a class I don't run, but just wanna say one thing about the exhaust rule that seems to have alot of folks confused. I was told by Todd Berry that exhaust dumped at the rear end was legal on the street and therefore legal for the class. I too used to think you must have tailpipes out the rear of the car, but this seems to not be the case. I saw your Camaro, you had factory seats and everything. At least you came out to race, my car still needs a few items before I can race, and I've got nothing for the faster cars in real street, so I will hopefully be trying out some 7.0 index stuff next year. Good luck with the class guys.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
and I've got nothing for the faster cars in real street, so I will hopefully be trying out some 7.0 index stuff next year.
Last time I went on a cruise/street class, the top three guys had me covered by at least 10 seconds in the 1/4 mile. But there are only about 15 people in the world that can say they drove down the street with Andy Frost, Rod Saboury, and Boo King all at the same time.
It is always great to be first in a class, but this type of class has the potential to be about a lot more than just winning. I have seen this class be equal to ProMods at a race, several times. Just needs good solid, enforced rules, and I think a big component is the cruise. It would be nteresting to see how it faired 1/4 to 1/8 as well, as many diehards wont accept it as 1/8mile. (Even some that have no issue with Pro cars running the 1/8th)

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
That would be pretty cool Ray, but this class isn't True Street and doesn't have a cruise. I brought my car out Friday and ran at test and tune. I drove to the track, ran some 7.8x passes, and drove it home. If I had gotten some work done on the car, I wanted to try to spray my way into the 7.0 class. I didn't get it done, so I just ran tnt and then spectated the rest of the weekend.

·
IN THE FRONT
4,015 Posts
Last time I went on a cruise/street class, the top three guys had me covered by at least 10 seconds in the 1/4 mile. But there are only about 15 people in the world that can say they drove down the street with Andy Frost, Rod Saboury, and Boo King all at the same time.
It is always great to be first in a class, but this type of class has the potential to be about a lot more than just winning. I have seen this class be equal to ProMods at a race, several times. Just needs good solid, enforced rules, and I think a big component is the cruise. It would be nteresting to see how it faired 1/4 to 1/8 as well, as many diehards wont accept it as 1/8mile. (Even some that have no issue with Pro cars running the 1/8th)
That hurts my fealings RAY!
What about my Monte Carlo?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts