Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 passes on these plugs, burnout, shut down half track, then pull the spark plugs on the return road. I only pull 1(7) of my rich cylinders and 1(3) of my leaner cylinders just to cut time down changing plugs on the return road. (4 corner cylinders are usually rich). Cheater fuel solenoid, big shot nitrous solenoid and plate. 93n 82f. Recommended starting point from Monte. Im running 6lb of fuel pressure. If its rich where do you recommend me dropping the fuel jet to.

http://s1008.photobucket.com/albums/af207/ballaholic29414/Spark Plugs 10-23-2011/

·
Registered
677 Posts
I would start by taking 1/2 pound of pressure away. Get it close there and then move the jets. THAT BITCH IS Big time rich. Most of the plates have to be 5.5 and 10 jet spread.

Also what is combo you are tuning?
Is the plug on a n/a run that rich?
Most people want a complete combo on your car before they will offer any help.

·
Chinese buffet destroyer
2,134 Posts
Drop to 5.5 and throw a new set of plugs in and see what it does. Then show us pics of that. That's way rich

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a bbc 496 *15.1 compresion *GM Block O-ringed *Eagle rotating assembly with 6.385 Eagle steel rods *SRP Big Block Chevy High-Compression Dome Top Pistons ( http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SRP-139832/) *Dart pro 1 325cc heads *SCE Titan copper Gasket .62 thick *Dart intake http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DRT-41124000/*1050 Holley Dominator *Bullet Racing Camshaft Intake duration 270 @.50, Exhaust duration @.50 270 Lobe Lift .4100 Intake .4100 exhaust Intake timing events @ .50 27 open - 63 close (intake) 71.5 Open - 27.5 close (exhaust) Seat Duration @ .20 306 (intake) - 316 (exhaust) Gross Valve Lift .697 Degreed intake lobe to 107.5 @TDC

Not A nitrous cam but Bullet said it should handle a 250 shot.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it runs a lil on the fat side on motor. I bought the motor with the dominator on it so I didn't touch it. Plugs looked good on the dyno doing HP pulls.

Oh yea, I'm pulling 10 degrees timing from 38

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
i did not see where your timing is.....but yea you prob going to end up in the 5.0 or less range on the fuel press

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
2 passes on these plugs, burnout, shut down half track, then pull the spark plugs on the return road. I only pull 1(7) of my rich cylinders and 1(3) of my leaner cylinders just to cut time down changing plugs on the return road. (4 corner cylinders are usually rich). Cheater fuel solenoid, big shot nitrous solenoid and plate. 93n 82f. Recommended starting point from Monte. Im running 6lb of fuel pressure. If its rich where do you recommend me dropping the fuel jet to.

http://s1008.photobucket.com/albums/af207/ballaholic29414/Spark Plugs 10-23-2011/
how much did it improve over the motor et/mpg?i agree an 11 spread was a good starting point.

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
wow i just looked at the plugs...never seen one that fat before..i made 2 motor hits and 2 bottle hits and drove 10 miles the same morning and my plugs look way cleaner than that..i am on a 10spread at 6psi.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I never made a full motor pass but on motor it was a turd. Feels like its lugging but on the gas it blew through the converter car was in high gear 70 feet out. I've had alot of converter issues since I added Nos. N/a it stalled 5400 everything worked good. Then I added nitrous and got it tightened to 4500 ran out of rpms before I made it through the 8th, got it tightened again and now its super tight stalling at 3500 car was a dud out the hole and I would got through the traps at the exact same rpm I shifted at(6500), sent it back to get it loosened 700 rpms and when I got it back it was stalling at 5100 and when I shoot it it leaves hard with the wheels up but its shifting right after the 60 foot with a powerglide. Oh yea all of these changes were within the last 5 months.

·
Chinese buffet destroyer
2,134 Posts
Also that motor shouldnt be 15-1 unless you milled the heads a bunch with a 49.0 dome you get close to 13.9-1 compression. What does it run on motor and spray? Again you need to lean it out and put new clean plugs in it. Test and show pics. There's a lot of changes and variables to try and figure out

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It ran 6.11 @ 110 on motor with 5.13 gear with a 5400 converter. The best I've got from it on nitrous is 5.84 @ 119 with 4.33 gears on that super tight converter 40 percent at launch and 100 percent in 1.2 sec. That was with the cheater nitrous solenoid and a eldebrock performer plate. I have a big shot Nos solenoid and plate now but I had the same jet spread 93n 82f... I idled back with old Nos set up and after 2 passes the plugs were BLACK.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts