Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 camaro that I bracket race and index race on a 4 tenths pro tree. My question is what all can be done to increase the cars reaction time? I have noticed that if the car spins the tires and the front end drops the reaction times are around .30 better. Does this mean I can use a front adjustable shock and slow the rise on the front end to improve the reactions times?

I use a 24" front tire to help with the reation times.

Car normally 60fts in the 1.54/1.56 range, and reactions times are .050/.060 on the protree.

Turbo 350 with pro-brake

Rear End
Set up is split mono with caltrac bars and rancho shocks.
Front
Moroso springs with non adjustable 90/10 front shocks.

Bill

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
The less energy spent moving the car up, the more energy is used to move the car forward. So yes, and adj. shock up front can help, but only to a point.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Slowing the front shocks will help, I am betting you also have a lot of tire drop to hook thats what is slowing it down, work on letting off the button faster LOL there are faster switches. A limited front tire drop and picking the tire straight up will give the fastest times for reaction but slows the ET

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys the front end is really loose, I don't think I have a lot of drop in the rear of the car. Can I tighten the rear shocks to prevent as much body movement in the rear of the car if the track will hold?

I know I can put limiters on the front or adjustable front shocks just didn't really know if it would help my lights.

It seems like the cars that just drive out of the beams have good lights, while my car pulls the wheels out of the beams.

Bill

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
No, they are faster on the button, its when the beams re-connect the RT is stopped, up is quicker than rolling past it. (Less distance.) If your front end is loose the tire stays on the ground while the clock is running. A limiter with no tire drop is fastest, but most cars like yours wont hook with no drop on the front tires

·
Registered
908 Posts
I have a foxbody that should be sixty footing in the 1.55's, but for some reason it is only getting around the 1.70 area, it has all stock suspension, what ford gave it from the factory, any suggestions?

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
It may be a stupid question on my part, but why should it be in the 1.55's istead of where it is?

·
Registered
908 Posts
because it has done 1.55's on the same set-up before, and it has slowly been getting slower

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it down on mile per hour or just 60ft? How old are your tires?
Are your times on the 60ft being compared at the same track?

Bill:confused:

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
^^^^ yep, if the MPH is the same then look to the tires first if its down on MPH then converter or engine.

·
Registered
908 Posts
MPH's withing a mile, and tires are brand new, they are radials my e.t. is suffering some, but the 60 ft. has seen the biggest change, maybe a small spinning problem? or just inconsistency?

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Track prep, converter, something going into bind getting worse. Has it been slower all spring, they always run faster in the fall, dont compaire fall to spring. Whats everyone elses doing.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Might just be inconsistency, but im going to go through everything saturday, and maybe ill find something

1 - 13 of 13 Posts