Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a converter re-stalled. ATI can't tell me if they can do it or not until they cut it open. (Not one of theirs)
It's an Art Car/******* 8" 4500) converter if that helps.

Trying to stay local, but :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really hate to spend $1K on a converter if this isn't the problem...really hate it more to pull it, have it cut open, and be told sorry, can't help you.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Yeah it does bite. But what is it you're trying to solve. Maybe I didn't dig deep enough for a related thread??

In all honesty, nobody can say what they can do with it until it is opened up. I will add that if you do go to a nicer / more updated converter there is a huge chance that your car will pick up et and mph. I see it all the time.

g

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Looks to be about 17% slip (28" tires, 4.10s, 7000rpm at the stripe)
Some say it needs more converter stall speed to pick up ET/MPH as well as tightening up.

I copied a combo that went 10.0's @ 2900#....everything the same with me at 400# heavier and I'm 1 second slower. I'm at a loss and really don't want to just keep throwing $$$$ at it as a fix, but feel the converter could use a little attention.
Street/Strip car...but not much street really.(500miles a year maybe ?)

·
Registered
478 Posts
If you’re having a hard time finding someone to work on your converter because of the name on it.
Call Paul I can bet that he’s seen them, worked on them and fixed them.
I don’t think there are any that he has not done repairs to.
And he knows how to do things that others don’t know anything about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts