Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to upgrade from 12mm axle studs to 1/2" studs. Can i just re-drill the holes for the correct knurl size for the new 1/2" studs? I do have a drill press. Not sure if i can get the axle into the press strait enough.

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
I found a machine shop to do mine when I went to 5/8 studs, can’t remember how much they charged me

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven’t checked machine shop prices. I have enlarged some axle holes on an 8.8 I had years ago. It took quite a while to do. They turned out fine. But on this 12 bolt chev I have here has aftermarket mosers in it. Wonder if a machine shop would kill me on the price.

·
Registered
16,992 Posts
I haven’t checked machine shop prices. I have enlarged some axle holes on an 8.8 I had years ago. It took quite a while to do. They turned out fine. But on this 12 bolt chev I have here has aftermarket mosers in it. Wonder if a machine shop would kill me on the price.

Wel man, quit wondering and start calling tomm. You're not likely going to find your particular answer on the bullet.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
You could try it yourself but you’ll be there forever and probably kill a few bits before you’re done. I’m sure a machine shop could do it pretty cheap.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, i called moser and they said it required a 39/64" drill bit to get the required .610" for the .625" knurl. I said the heck with it and went and found a 39/64" drill bit locally. I got the axles all clamped up in the drill press that I have. The old holes were around .500". I re-drilled the holes to .610". Did all 10 in about a half hour. I set the press to 300 rpm's and used some cutting oil. I doubt the bit even hit 100 degrees. I went very smoothly with minimal effort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts