Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
NICE piece!! Your guys stuff is badass!!

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
looks clean, how much???

·
Registered
1,183 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$ 120 to machine it,,, plus material.

Comes from a 1.25 x 7.0 x 8.25 piece of aluminum.

RCD sells one , but , it is two pieces that bolt together.

We actually have the opposite part too. In other words,
the flange would be offset the other way for a different length
snout !

I see the RCD deal with 3/16 bolts, so we used 1/4 bolts instead.

I don't think it will come loose, thats why it is "scalloped" inside.

It also has a "jack screw " in it to spread the jaws to slide it onto the snout if the snout somebody had was a little bigger. I measured 4 of mine, three different brands and they all measured
in the 3.430 area. But , maybe somebody would have a 3.500 and it will expand to that very easy.

·
~TweakeD~
9,107 Posts
Any pics of it on the blower? I have that belt guard. Kind of interested in one.

·
~TweakeD~
9,107 Posts
That looks really good. I might have to get one. How does it clamp on the snout? Sure it wont come loose?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It uses two counterbored ARP bolts to clamp down or tighten around the snout. We did it on the bottom of the flanges so you can't see them.

You have to use finger pressure to open the clamp and slide it on. Even after you let it "relax" on the snout, it is pressure tight, but would vibrate around. So after you tighten the bolts, I don't see how it would move ?

There is 1.25 in length of clamping bore and two 1/4" bolts to tighten. Think about a hose clamp that was 1/25 wide and you could use a ratchet to tighten it ?

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
:(:( bummer my belt tensioner takes up all that room
What about a shield for the starboard side ? (passenger) any bolt on gigs ? cuz i can't draw a straight line with a ruler , i need all the "bolt on " stuff made !;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts