Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use them? How are they as far as durability? Do they eat a lot of batteries?

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
I have a Bushnell Arc 1000 and I love it. Good for rifle hunting, bow hunting. Has range compensation for bowhunting. Also has ballistics drop calculator. Can't be beat for the price. I paid $300 but I have seen them cheaper. Mine is pretty easy on the batteries.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I have had a swarovski for about 4 years now, haven't had to change batteries yet. It is good for 1200 yards if you have something reflective to meter. The farthest I've used it is 840 yards. Seems around 600 yrds, it gets hard ranging animals. they are not very reflective.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Have a Nikon for about 8 or 9 years, it works very well, goes out to 1000 yards. It is easy on batteries but I change them every hunting season as part regular practice and prep. I like to range my field of fire before the season starts. Very useful tool for long shots.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
I have had a swarovski for about 4 years now, haven't had to change batteries yet. It is good for 1200 yards if you have something reflective to meter. The farthest I've used it is 840 yards. Seems around 600 yrds, it gets hard ranging animals. they are not very reflective.
Maybe you have a bad one, the Swarovski is generally thought of as being the best one on the market. I have one and it will go 1200++++ yards on most things including animals. They are not cheap though.

·
Registered
449 Posts
swarovski best in the under $1000 range. optics and range to target. batteries also last very long. for years i bought used then sold my range finders. have had or used most of them. cant go wrong with swarovski. best i had and never should of sold was the old leica geovid.could range out to 2100yds. it was big and heavy. also very expensive. thought that like most electronics next years would be better.:(

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
swarovski best in the under $1000 range. optics and range to target. batteries also last very long. for years i bought used then sold my range finders. have had or used most of them. cant go wrong with swarovski. best i had and never should of sold was the old leica geovid.could range out to 2100yds. it was big and heavy. also very expensive. thought that like most electronics next years would be better.:(
I agree, should have said in the $1000.00 range. We had some in the military that were bitchin but mucho bucks.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I don't have a bad one, It's an awesome glass. I just haven't used it for that long of a range yet:) I did try to range a cow that was about 800 yds out, and it wasn't reflective enough. Unless my batteries are getting week??

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I've got a Leupold RX series that has the ballistics calculator and angle compensation for bow hunting. Been using it for 3 years, for hunting and shooting, never changed the battery! Only word of advise I have is, dont buy a Leupold if you hunt from a ground blind! It won't read through the mesh!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts