Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
Now that is something! We don't have a "natural" population of pheasants here. I trap at a 12,000 acre military training site each winter... they keep "stocking" it with pheasants each year trying to get repopulating (very little luck). I see them every once in awhile, the male is a beautifull bird. I hear they are hard to hit...but a lot of fun.

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts

Yeah, there's not a whole lot that I won't or don't hunt....

·
Registered
5,510 Posts
Went out Saturday for Turkey with my bow and ended up missing a 35 yard shot. Went out this morning and had a flock of Turkeys walking down a trail. I had a closer shot at 30 yards and made it a pass thru. Seventeen pounds, 11 inch beard and 3/4 spurs.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
got busted today at 7 30am by a very nice dark rack 8 point. It was very heavy and would have been my biggest yet. He was wanking right to me and stopped at 3h yards and just looked up at me. Im thinking he saw my breath from where it was cold. He turned and stood for a while. Kept thinking of how I could get an arrow in there but he wasn't worth the risk. He trotted off. It just kills me when that happens.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts