Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Former RJ instigator
41,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was recently the recipient of a random act of kindness.

I stopped at a McDonald's on the way home from work to get a sausage biscuit/hashbrown, when I got to the window to pay, the cashier said the bill was already taken care of, apparently the car in front of me had paid my bill, I waved & smiled at the lady to show my gratitude, she waved back and smiled, it was a feel good moment for both of us, I would of gladly paid for the person behind me, but I was the end of the line, I will definitely pass this along somehow, faith in humanity restored somewhat.

What you say, have you had any feel good stories lately?

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
I have a friend that has been out of work for a while,,he said he has been dropping a check into the Church box where he and his last wife got married.

He said every time he does this something good happens. Yesterday he came out so I could pay him for 9.5 hours he worked for me. He told me earlier he dropped a checked and got a call about a job working 6/10's + per diem(sp) and motel !

I told him Never doubt the Power of Prayer!

·
Registered
19,961 Posts
When I had my rotator cuff repaired, doing simple things became harder, lol. I was at
a fast food joint, trying to put ice in my cup, of course the cup kept falling over. This
young honey was with her parents, she came over and filled the cup for me, put the
lid on, and even put the straw in it. Seemed lots of people wanted to help, holding doors,
etc. Almost made me feel there was hope again for the human race, until the arm didn't
need the sling again, lol.

·
Registered
9,776 Posts
I’ve been helped and have helped. I am blessed and I try to share it when I can.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
When I had my rotator cuff repaired, doing simple things became harder, lol. I was at
a fast food joint, trying to put ice in my cup, of course the cup kept falling over. This
young honey was with her parents, she came over and filled the cup for me, put the
lid on, and even put the straw in it. Seemed lots of people wanted to help, holding doors,
etc. Almost made me feel there was hope again for the human race, until the arm didn't
need the sling again, lol.
yes there are a lot of good people, if the news would show it the America could turn around.
They focus on 13% of what is going on all negative.

·
Pontiac aficionado
2,841 Posts
I don't give to National Charities as over 60% of raised money goes to pay the officers that run the organization.

I give money to people I see in need all the time locally. Might only be 10/20 to help them out. But no alcoholics or dead beats.

More people need to think......... what if Certain things not in my control happen in one's life. I consider myself fortunate in life. Not wealthy but better then a lot that have had situations develop in their lives.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
It's amazing how many nice things happen to nice people. It spreads. And simple things are the best.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago ..... 2 lane McDonalds , this other guy and I were jockeying to see who got in front of each other . We were both creeping trying to get a fender in front , giving each other "fuck you" looks and he won . When I pulled up he had already paid for mine ...... I just hung my head and threw my arm up to wave at him . He drove off laughing . It does make you feel good though , I've been doing it for people ever since .

·
Registered
903 Posts
I was shopping in a small grocery store with my two kids. I was just picking up deli stuff for sandwiches. The guy at the register in front of me was getting meat, pasta salad, and some veggies. He only had enough money for the meat and veggies for his dinner. He said,"I'm sorry I don't have my wallet" to girl at the register. So she had to call the manager to override the system. I handed him $10 bucks and told him to pay in forward. For all I know, he could have been a huge drug addict, but at the time he was buying food for more than just him so I felt it was the right thing. The guy was so happy. I just hope my kids learned that a small act of kindness can go a long way for someone.

·
Pontiac "big block"
9,648 Posts
I've had people buy my coffee before in the drive thru. It's pretty nice of them, and usually I'll return the favor, unless it's expensive. Had a mini van behind me who's bill was close to $30. No way Jose

·
Registered
574 Posts
I will not give money to people but I will donate my time. I repaired a car for a gold star family yesterday. It took 4 hrs and I was glad to do it. Last week my wife and I unloaded a 26 foot uhaul full of furniture for an elderly couple. We do these type of things very consistently.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts