Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
aka hulk
4,965 Posts
what did them in?,...mail order?.i miss the days when you could go to a speed shop and buy what you need,hang around and bench race,and support the little guy.we used to have a big chain of speed shops like that years back, and i remember the owner told me about how mail order is gonna be the death of them!...he was right.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mail order from what I hear did them in. I would rather have a part in my hand than order off the phone or net. I like Summit and Jegs but I would rather go to a performance shop.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
My uncle used to tell me about that place when he lived in Detroit. He said it was awesome, they had a huge selection of stuff.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I worked there from 94 to 98. Man i really miss working there, and buying parts in an actual store! Mail order did do them in a bit, but also a poorly ran buisness didn't help. I also believe there was some eventual ownerconflict, not sure though. At any rate, it was the best working time i ever had. NOthing better than making money doing what you love.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
what did them in?,...mail order?.i miss the days when you could go to a speed shop and buy what you need,hang around and bench race,and support the little guy.we used to have a big chain of speed shops like that years back, and i remember the owner told me about how mail order is gonna be the death of them!...he was right.
Only 1 shop left around here.But the brothers Bill and Jim who run the place are the nicest guys you could ever meet.Chicago Connection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts