Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
This would be a good one for Dale to chime in on.

·
Registered
16,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I suspect Haltech is working on updated software for the Elite to fix that limitation. Honestly, it's never been a problem even at the power level I'm running (3550lb car running 8.2x at 168) but I'm planning to turn it up and want as high a percentage of E85 as possible.

If I remember correctly Dale has hinted that this update is pending. If so I can make a few inquiries and possibly get a Beta version earlier.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I only run 1 set Holley 160”s but my tuner runs my base at 58 nit sure why on e85
I suspect to add the 35% additional fuel requirement for e85 -- if base were 43.0 psi for gas + 35% for e85 = 58.05 psi. I have a new build and haven't gone to e85 just yet, but I was under the assumption that adding the 35% fuel requirement to the fuel table and target AFR would suffice. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
I only run 1 set Holley 160”s but my tuner runs my base at 58 nit sure why on e85
It's not really complicated, 43psi was the OEM standard for many years. It changed at some point in the early 2000's era to 58psi. When the OEM HP levels made a significant uptick on the same engine platform why have to R&D/reliability test a new injector when you could simply go from 3-bar(~43psi) to 4-bar(~58psi) and your done at no cost per unit. Simple right??

·
Registered
228 Posts
It's not really complicated, 43psi was the OEM standard for many years. It changed at some point in the early 2000's era to 58psi. When the OEM HP levels made a significant uptick on the same engine platform why have to R&D/reliability test a new injector when you could simply go from 3-bar(~43psi) to 4-bar(~58psi) and your done at no cost per unit. Simple right??
That's interesting. I recently read 58psi base fuel pressure is common in return-less fuel systems, but never gave it a thought to apply the same to a return style system as increasing the base fuel pressure also helps improve fuel atomization.

Ref: The Answers: DeatschWerks' Responses To Your Fuel System Questions
Higher fuel pressures create better atomization; however, it is a situation of diminishing returns. Little is to be gained from raising your delta pressure (rail to manifold) above 60psi. In general, OE return-style fuel systems operate at 43psi with a static delta, and returnless fuel systems operate at 58psi with a variable delta.

As for flow, pressure affects injectors and pumps inversely. Higher pressure increases injector flow rates but decreases pump output. Lower pressure increases pump output but decreases injector flow rates. You can use this knowledge to your advantage and max out your fuel system potential by increasing fuel pressure when you are injector-limited and decreasing fuel pressure when you are pump-limited. However, we still recommend keeping your delta pressure between 40 and 60psi
For my application, I guess a starting value of 50psi base fuel pressure (split between the aforementioned 40psi - 60psi delta) wouldn't hurt and may actually improve atomization a bit without limiting pump output.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Id be curious if you could tell anything from 40 to 60 psi on a turbo combo making decent power.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
I seriously doubt it unless it is a enhanced injector made for automotive use. The CNG injectors are such a narrow cone pattern I don't see it happening. Troy had some tips made for the Precision 500pph injectors and the difference was amazing. Maybe he'll see this and post a few pics. There is a thread in this section that has some pics too.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I suspect Haltech is working on updated software for the Elite to fix that limitation. Honestly, it's never been a problem even at the power level I'm running (3550lb car running 8.2x at 168) but I'm planning to turn it up and want as high a percentage of E85 as possible.

If I remember correctly Dale has hinted that this update is pending. If so I can make a few inquiries and possibly get a Beta version earlier.
we tested it last weekend on a LSX engine and it went [email protected] on its 4th hit on radials running a siemans 220 primary and a Plazmaman 540 secondary, you cannot tell where it stages and we can do any combo of blend on both sets.. i even played with turning the primarys off to just make sure it would work as intended for the dual fuel setups

·
Registered
16,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
we tested it last weekend on a LSX engine and it went [email protected] on its 4th hit on radials running a siemans 220 primary and a Plazmaman 540 secondary, you cannot tell where it stages and we can do any combo of blend on both sets.. i even played with turning the primarys off to just make sure it would work as intended for the dual fuel setups
Which Haltech ECU/software were you using ?

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
I seriously doubt it unless it is a enhanced injector made for automotive use. The CNG injectors are such a narrow cone pattern I don't see it happening. Troy had some tips made for the Precision 500pph injectors and the difference was amazing. Maybe he'll see this and post a few pics. There is a thread in this section that has some pics too.

·
Registered
16,782 Posts

·
Registered
16,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
2500 with a REM

it should be available in a few weeks for you, a few small things to change after our testing and its ready to go
I was wondering if you were using some BETA firmware.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts