Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do yall do to the distributor shaft to compensate?

Slip collar? Spacer?

What's available in the market place to suit?

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
just moving down the slip collar is not the ony thing to do..you have to visually LOOK in the rear galley to be certain that the band feed groove around distributor housing aligns and does not block off the oil flow.. naturally the proper length drive shaft is important as well as sometimes you have to fit in a smaller diameter in order to clear counterweight

·
On the flow bench
13,722 Posts
What do yall do to the distributor shaft to compensate?

Slip collar? Spacer?

What's available in the market place to suit?
na or blown?

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
just moving down the slip collar is not the ony thing to do..you have to visually LOOK in the rear galley to be certain that the band feed groove around distributor housing aligns and does not block off the oil flow.. naturally the proper length drive shaft is important as well as sometimes you have to fit in a smaller diameter in order to clear counterweight
This ^^^^^^^^^^ But also need a slip collar/tall deck distributor.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pay attention to the angle of the dizzy to manifold with raised deck it isn't perperdicular its 1-2 deg out
Good point.

Seems ok though.

Made a .400" spacer.

Thinking of cutting it for o rings.

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
but when the angle of the face of the manifold surface is not square to the collar.. it is still going to leak with an o ring.. many times I have to do a total mock up installation and put the checking dizzy housing in there ans LOOK to see IF the surfaces are SQUARE and flat to each other.. ...many I have had to reface the hole in the manifold to get it RIGHT...

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
If it's a Dart block the angle is changed 1˚, on my 9.500 deck block I had to make an offset spacer to seal it up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts