Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dude was raffling off a car. Was offering only 100 tickets at $200 a piece. Said he would hold the raffle on a specific date, using the last two numbers of the state lotto drawing to award the car to someone.

Date came around, lotto picked the numbers and the guy that won, didn't because he had only paid $100 on the $200 ticket. So the guy tells everyone else..too bad, so sad. Does not award the car to anyone, keeps all the money and now the car is up for sale again.

What is you all's opinion of this? I know legally nothing can be done. But that is some fvcked up shit to pull no?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
depending on state law raffle's can be very illegal check with state law. and why would he even give someone a ticket without full payment?? sounds like someone pulled a fast one on ya

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
depending on state law raffle's can be very illegal check with state law. and why would he even give someone a ticket without full payment?? sounds like someone pulled a fast one on ya
Not on me, I didn't play the game. The whole thing just didn't seem right from the get go. He was selling the car locally for $7500. I thought, why the fvck you selling 100 / $200 tickets for a $7500 car? I hear he didn't sell all the tickets, but he did sell over half. That is still $10K for a $7500 car.

He should have given someone else a chance. Maybe tell everyone they are going to go for one more lotto drawing and the car will be awarded then. He got his money and more, so what's it to him.

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
He should REFUND everybody's $$$ that did pay the full $200.00 for the tickets, fair is fair & somebody is not playing by the rules

1 - 10 of 10 Posts