Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put 30 x 10.5 Hoosier radial slick on my car. Its the first time I tried them. I use a trans brake and have been blowing the tires off each time. I have gone from 20 pounds of air down to17 with no difference. I foot brake it and it hooks. Basically I don't know if I should keep going lower with the pressure. I was told I probably shouldn't. With a regular soft wall slick I generally run 12 - 13 pounds. I'm curious if guys are using them with success. My car is 3500# and stock suspension. Thanks

·
Super Rod 2413
1,347 Posts
I've run a Goodyear 30x9 with good results footbraking never left off the brake with them.

·
Registered
20,822 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HTML:
Oh Fuck, dont get him started. I know you only have 7 posts, but Damn man, dont unleash the Beast
Thanks for the heads up.:)

I'm going to out with the car today and tomorrow. I 'll see what I can come up with. Thanks.

·
Registered
955 Posts
if you're thanking a CLUELESS NOBODY like him, you don't want my help nor will get it!:p

Follow the advice of the internet experts that don't run this tire and don't run this tire on a heavy GM A body!:roll:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Double adjustable upper and lowers, QA1's and stock old springs. I also have an anti-roll bar from HRParts.

After a few passes they started coming around and got alot better with like 14 pounds of air but not particularly where I want to be. I also don't think the track was good either. It was my first time at Columbus. I'll try again at E-town Labor Day Weekend.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I just put 30 x 10.5 Hoosier radial slick on my car. Its the first time I tried them. I use a trans brake and have been blowing the tires off each time. I have gone from 20 pounds of air down to17 with no difference. I foot brake it and it hooks. Basically I don't know if I should keep going lower with the pressure. I was told I probably shouldn't. With a regular soft wall slick I generally run 12 - 13 pounds. I'm curious if guys are using them with success. My car is 3500# and stock suspension. Thanks
Which compound are you using?

I run the light weight #18214,which I believe is a C06 compound,they seem to work better than the C07. I had my best sixty foot on the weekend 1.35 leaving against the converter at 4300rpm off the trans-brake.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Who makes that?!
Alf Weibe is his name,he races locally at Mission Raceway up here in Canada ,he is a stock eliminator suspension guru.........Unless you run a stock class,he won't give you the time of the day.

·
Registered
12,060 Posts
Goodyear 9x30 D-4A compound works well for me, even on hot tracks. 3600 2-step off the t-brake.
Light burnout on the Hoosiers should help ya some. They are way gooey soft for hot tracks in my limited Hoosier radial experiences. (2 sets)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would like any advice that I can get who's willing to help. I would REALLY like to keep trans braking the car cause that's just what I'm used to doing, I'm just not sure if its possible with these slicks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.