Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would a 30x9x15 radial side wall slick work in a manual trans application. This v/s the 29.5x9 tire for the stick cars???? (3300lb car)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that like a stiff side wall slick?
Not sure but would assume the radial side wall would be stiffer. I'm comparing the drag radial slick to the bias 29.5x9x15 (3056st) Just curious about the radial tire and how it would fit a 12" db wheel.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Almost all radials do not want wheel speed.

The good thing about a radial - they do not absorb a lot of power, so they can be faster. The bad thing about a radial - they don't absorb a lot of power, so it can be tricky to get them off the starting line.

Now - with evolving technology and car setup, some guys are getting them to work, but it certainly is not for "all" clutch applications. You just can't "hit" them like the bias tire.

To make a radial tire that's a direct bolt-on for clutch cars isn't easy, but we are learning new things every day.... ;)

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jason Moulton

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Not the drag radial tire but the radial side wall slick. think the # 3066r
I knew exactly what you meant. I was just stating, that nhra stockers with an auto trans usually run the radials, and stick cars run the bias ply, for the reasons Jason stated. on my super stock ,for the same reason I run the radials when I want to fast, and the bias when I want to go rounds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts