Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tell me the truth ! Some people say with a radial it should spin a little to get the wheel speed up . Other people say a radial should dead hook who's right ? I would love to hear your opinions .

·
Registered
18,386 Posts
Well tell me the truth ! Some people say with a radial it should spin a little to get the wheel speed up . Other people say a radial should dead hook who's right ? I would love to hear your opinions .
Put your motor together pecker head and come find out at SGMP
BOOST VS NO BOOST. Just being there makes you awesome.
DUCK OUT BITCHES

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
My car is alot slower than that green monster, but I run M/T drag radials, and the best luck I've had is with a little tire spin. Never would cut a good pass if it dead hooks. It took me a long time to find the "sweet spot" to get just enough spin to not blow the tires off, but not dead hook. It is still not perfect.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
I prefer to call it slip, not spin on a radial, its close to dead hook but the car does not rotate like with dead hook

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I can say I have not been able to build wheel speed ever with my 315 and i have been 1.20 60ft lots of times .Every time i try to build wheel speed with the tune it stands up . dead hook every time

·
Cowboy up
1,690 Posts
I think this question has alot to do with power level, a car that goes 10's might dead hook and a car that goes 7's might have a tiny bit of slip.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I do see a few slips on the hit just no "wheelspeed"

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can say I have not been able to build wheel speed ever with my 315 and i have been 1.20 60ft lots of times .Every time i try to build wheel speed with the tune it stands up . dead hook every time
I wish I could but I just started going 1.27 in georgia . I/m trying to get wheel speed , I'm going to go back to dead hooking . I can't wait for 2 weeks to be racing again , Junior are you ready to go ?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Almost should be making passes fri .How about you?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Almost should be making passes fri .How about you?
Wait on a couple of parts , they should be here Wed. so then I can finish putting the engine back together . I should be making hits a week from wed. I should be at the may 1 st 1/8 mile race ? We should have alot of fun . Can I pit next to you?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
I can tell you this, on the lower horsepower cars (say below 1400) if you get a bunch of sidewall deflection (wrinkling) you can add some air and lower your 60 ft. Up to a point. I think on the higher horsepower cars though, you are going to get some sidewall deflection no matter what. For the most part I would say, as little spin as possible. Just my opinion.

Be careful about pulling timing and taking power away though, it's easy to climb the ring gear and put it on the bumper.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
1 - 20 of 77 Posts