Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Is 32 hours of downtime really that bad considering how many events they hold a year ? , and if that fact includes all of qualifying and eliminations it doesn't seem to bad . It's about 1.5 hrs per event . As soon as the NHRA wraps up their R&D on the new nitro combination I am sure the oil downs and cost of racing will drop dramatically , LOL !.

·
Registered
14,510 Posts
Re: PRO racers react to the NHRA Oildown Announcement

PRO racers react to the NHRA Oildown Announcement

There. Fixed it for ya. Take care. Tom Worthington.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
x2 on Tom's comment. For me, it is likely the last straw and I won't race any national events this year. It's not that I think I am likely to oil down, it's the principle of throwing more fees at the Sportsman racers who are paying much of NHRA's revenue.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
I sent a note to the editor asking why he doesn't ask the people who PAY to race what they think...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would rather see them blow it all to hell trying to run a number , than pussy foot it down the tack to avoid getting points taken away................but thats just me!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Why does Ron Capps always have to play the blame game? The "I won't mention names" comment......if they want to improve the "entertainment package", they need to stop pointing the cameras at him whenever he loses. Nobody wants to see a grown man pout.

·
Registered
19,505 Posts
they are worried about the TV product?? Did i understand that? The TV product is shit. NHRA is killing themselfs. What a bunch of hacks. Safety is #1 always , but that is getting out of control.

·
The Dude Abides
18,430 Posts
Oil downs effect the TV show. This whole thing is about disturbing the "entertainment package".
And somehow keep the IRS out of their ass at the same time...

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
LV2 qualifying was a oildown nightmare. One session in particular was close to 7 hours long. That is what really brought about this change. For PS Car and PS Bike this almost means nothing as they rarely put anything down. For the Nitro racer though, this may be what decides a championship or possibly running at all. NHRA has told a few competitors to take a little time off for their outstanding capabilities of spraying crude.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Anybody who doesn't understand this, or says this is only about TV was not at Vegas II this past fall. It was a frigging nightmare. Two pairs, oildown, three pairs, oildown, rinse and repeat. Each one took 30-45 minutes to clean up. Rounds of a single class took hours. All weekend long. I'd rather have had a colonoscopy. I'm sure there were thousands of first-time fans who said "never again".

·
waiting to make a pass!
18,370 Posts
Its bad enough that racers have to repair thier parts breakage now they have to pay for speedy dry? not to mention the tv show is crap, they can fit thier 2 plus hours into a 30 min. show, show us the laps and get rid of all the personal interview crap. who cares where dixon and his wife went on vacation:smt102

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
BRAVO!!!

Great move, dial these bombs back a bit and quit shedding parts, maybe more will get down the track too. Fuelers starting to look like skinny tire cars with big turbos, no two ever get down the track under power! oops.

Plus, I spectate two or three national events a year and at seven bucks a pop the beer bill for these prolonged days just kills the wallet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts