Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the market for some insurance for my ride. I am with a company now that gave me a stated value policy. It has restrictions though. The car can only go 3000 miles a year (Not a issue), It can be street driven (Just not as a daily driver). They cover everything, theft, fire, loss, damage. HOWEVER they will not cover damage to the car incurred while on the track. I am looking to get the car covered for $40,000. Who is the most reasonable out there that will cover a car that is drag raced? I am running a 87 Mustang Coupe. The car runs 9.0 to 9.50's. It can be driven on the street. It is NOT a daily driver. Just taken out once in a while to local cruise-ins. It is tagged. I am not so much worried about the street driving as I am about some idiot in the other lane at the track slamming into me. The car is on the street once in a blue moon. It is primarily a track car. Who are you guys using for insurance?

·
Another Nobody
11,807 Posts
be careful of stated value policies, you need an agreed value policy. stated value only puts a top limit in the claim, they can (and will) still pay you as little as they want. Agreed value they will pay the agreed value. with stated value you state the value of the car pay for $20,000 (for example) in insurance, all is well until it turns up missing, since it is a 1967 car they say the book value on the car is under $100, but we are feeling generous today and here is $250, case closed, and you have no recourse. with agreed value they agree up front to the value and you get the 20K.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, correction. It isn't stated value. It is a agreed value poicy I have now. Just not covered on track. I have Hannock insurance as of now. Looking to get something to cover me on the track. The care really isn't on the track much.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Virtually no one will insure you while going down the track under power. When your current insurer says they won't cover you at the track do they mean "on the track" or anytime you enter the grounds?

I think Bill Lutz was working on something, but it may be limited to Ohio or Ohio/Michigan currently.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL. Not looking to spend that much. I have seen some companies in the National Dragster Mag. Just looking to see if there are any better companies out there.

Then you likely have all the coverage you are going to get from a normal insurance company.

I hear Lloyd's of London will insure just about anything . . . . for a price $$$$$

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I have heard that some companies cover everything except burnout box to turnoff. Return road to staging lanes and any other instance would be covered. Now if I had only taken my Geritol this morning I could remember which companies I talked to.

·
Registered
22,723 Posts
A "stated value" policy is as worthless as the paper it's written on. The only person that has agreed on the price is you the owner all the insurance company agreed was to write a policy in the amount you stated. Once there is a claim they would review everything and then let you know what they will be paying you and that's the wrong time to figure out your not getting what you thought you were getting. I can only write in Ohio and Michigan write now but the company I'm writing through wants to open it up to all 50 states in the next 2 weeks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Then you likely have all the coverage you are going to get from a normal insurance company.

I hear Lloyd's of London will insure just about anything . . . . for a price $$$$$
Lloyds of london does insure key on, theft, transport etc... underwritten through A&O underwriters. approx $5000.00 annually for every 100,000 in coverage. w 2$ 2500.00 deductible.

·
Registered
37 Posts
bisa insurance talk to bill flake 1702-255-1112 ex6 tell him bobby frye sent you.he will cover your car under power going down the track racing,theft,accident in trailer,storage ect.i have my car and trailer covered for a 100000 cost under 4000 a year,its worth it if something happens bobby

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
bisa insurance talk to bill flake 1702-255-1112 ex6 tell him bobby frye sent you.he will cover your car under power going down the track racing,theft,accident in trailer,storage ect.i have my car and trailer covered for a 100000 cost under 4000 a year,its worth it if something happens bobby
Man did I ever need this!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Anyone know about doing a dual purpose car???

Like my Mustang for instance it's a street car that I take to the track and race often now I don't wanna be fucked if for some reason I wrap it at the track. I could always drag it into the street but that's risky. Do many isurance companies cover this stuff?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts