Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be putting a racepak data recorder in my top sportsman car soon and a few pics of how the recorder is mounted to the right side roll cage main hoop would be helpful.I really love this forum, lots of info shared,etc. THANKS gary m

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
Check the Bickel, Quartermax, etc. web sites, they make mount. Racepak also has them available on their web site. There are specifics on how they need to be mounted in order for them to work correctly.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.I am aware of the brackets, but for my car these brackets may not be quite right. looking to see what others have made, fabbed etc. Again thank you for your reply/info. gary m

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
Some of those are the basic mounting plate plus some associated tubing so you can use your imagination to customize the mount. It can be mounted in many places as long as it meets RP's requirements, pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The good thing about the rollbar mounts is you can "zero" the G meter with the racepak live telemetry turned on. When I turned on the racepak initially was showing a few hundredths on the acceleration reading with the car sitting still and called racepak and was told to rotate the brackets until the reading showed zero. I know this sounds nit-picking but it was pretty cool to be able to adjust this just by rotating the brackets a little.

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
The good thing about the rollbar mounts is you can "zero" the G meter with the racepak live telemetry turned on. When I turned on the racepak initially was showing a few hundredths on the acceleration reading with the car sitting still and called racepak and was told to rotate the brackets until the reading showed zero. I know this sounds nit-picking but it was pretty cool to be able to adjust this just by rotating the brackets a little.
That is true...Our RP is fixed mounted on a welded in mount. I have a math channel on our Racepak that corrects the static G-Meter reading to zero. There are other channels that are based partly on the G reading so it's good to ensure it starts at zero in order that the other channels are accurate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts