Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a moron... lets get that out of the way...

if i were to go with a racepak dash like all of the cool kids its my understanding that you buy the dash and then you just buy every module to what gauge you want to work right? i see the prices but im not sure if modules are included in price or if im going to have like $3,000 in a dang gauge?

any info or help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
349 Posts
You will probably spend $3000 for the Sportsman kit, dash and sensors you need. In the long run you will be happy you did it ..... after you get over the shock of spending the $$$.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Below is some info on the dash models, but a question first - do you want to data log graphs to analyze the car performance on your laptop or are you just wanting to replace gauges?

A quick summary of the Racepak dash line up:

UDX family:

- Display Dash will only display sensors connected to a V300 or sportsman logger in the car $649
- Replay Dash - will replay on screen - no downloads - can be upgraded to Logger version $875. Comes with water temp, & oil pressure sensors - also picks up engine RPM & volts.
- Logger dash - can replay and will store run for download $1500. Comes with water temp, oil pressure, and DS speed sensors - also picks up engine RPM & volts.

IQ3 Family:

- IQ3 Display dash - will only display sensors connected to a V300SD or sportsman logger in the car $649.
- IQ3 Logger dash - used in boat, road racing and tractor pull. Has a GPS
$1500

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for REPLIES!!!

i will need

fuel pressure
water temp
oil pressure
nitrous pressure
and Tach of course

no need for logging ... basically wanting to replace all gauges for one in dash...

the IQ3 display is bad ass... but also the UDX display is too....

what would a price be with those said sensors and those displays...

and also do you have the dimensions on each pak .. so i can do some measuring to see which one will fit better into the Cutty... it has a small stock gauge area..

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
The IQ3 is roughly 7x4", the UDX is about 10x3.5".

What ignition system is in the car? Each dash requires different components to get your items displayed. The biggest benefit to going the IQ3 route is you can add a logger at any time, you cant really do that with the standalone UDX models.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok sweet..

i have a 7al3 currently with nx maximizer 3

obviously i want to get a power grid but right now the car is working great and so i dont wanna mess up anything.. lol this ol small tire is workin on the street so far so good haha

seems like the IQ3 will be the way i roll either way.. so basiaclly just need a wishlist price for winter savings to get one.

thanks for the help everyone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts