Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently Purchased a '69 Camaro from a great guy in Pennsylvania.
The engine is a nice 565 Cu. In. Big Block built by RaceKrafters...Bob Wise owns the place.

The seller of the car asked me to call Bob at RaceKrafters to get the particulars (build sheet) on the engine.

I phone Bob up and he says, "Yeah, I have a build sheet on file...but if you want it, it will be $50"

I have purchased many high end cars, and have tracked down engine build sheets...and never with a fee, charge, or anything like that.

Every engine builder was happy and proud of their work, and some of them even sent me a hat and stickers (Reher-Morrison, Scott Shafiroff), so that I could promote their power plants, and their business.

What do you guys think?
Is this guy a douchebag, or am I being too cheap?

gib

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Sounds fucked up to me
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
if he didnt want you as a customer,i guess its his buis.kinda crazy. i would have tried to make a customer out of you before i charged you. to each his own.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Seems crazy, that in this business people are going to start nickel and dime'n. Times are getting tough though....

And complaining or catching an attitude will only make the price of that spec sheet get more expensive.

Just me but I'd prob just pay it and be done with it.

·
Registered
16,906 Posts
fuck him! the only thing you dont know is what cam and pistons are in it

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
id call him back, tell him to get a pen, give him a super long address to write down, then tell him to go suck a dick.......

·
Registered
546 Posts
Depends on if he has to dig it out of some remote file, or its sittin on his desk from last Nov.?? Either way, alot of engine builders get bombed w/ questions or calls about old customers stuff. When I sold my 632(Fresh NO runs), I gave the guy the dyno sheets but he still called Feustel 20 times. So, I ended up throwin him a few bucks for the trouble. You decide.. its $50 a man's time is worth something right?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can tell a lot about the way a business is run by how the owner handles something like this.

Can you imagine the itemized invoice when this guy rapes you...he probably charges for the paper that the invoice is written on.

"Do you require an invoice...yes?...$25.00 emailed, $40.00 if you want a paper invoice."

·
Registered
16,906 Posts
Depends on if he has to dig it out of some remote file, or its sittin on his desk from last Nov.?? Either way, alot of engine builders get bombed w/ questions or calls about old customers stuff. When I sold my 632(Fresh NO runs), I gave the guy the dyno sheets but he still called Feustel 20 times. So, I ended up throwin him a few bucks for the trouble. You decide.. its $50 a man's time is worth something right?
i would think he got enough $$$ when he built it

·
Registered
862 Posts
The previous owner had you do the leg work, why is that? Was there bad blood between him and the machinist? Possible unpaid balances? Lots of change orders during the build etc?
Is the machinist tired of working for free? It may seem like a trivial task to you, but this cat probably gets interrupted with requests all day that take him away from his core buisness.

Steve

·
Registered
114 Posts
Amish don't do antthing for free.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What do you call an Amish guy with his hand up a horse’s ass?
A Mechanic

·
Registered
939 Posts
I would say douchebag - I have a friend who owns a machine shop and will always take the time to talk to somone on the phone, in person, email, whatever concerning one of his engines - previous build, current build or future build............and not charge you.....

1 - 20 of 139 Posts