Yellow Bullet Forums banner

RACE TO GET THE CARS AND CROWD THERE

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Bill Lutz 
#1 ·
WHAT CLASSES AND PAYOUTS WOULD U WANT TO HAVE AT YOUR EVENT TO HAVE THE BEST EVENT POSSIBLE.

#2 ·
Mike we raced at WOW II @ MIR last Wednesday and they had a great turn out with Frantic 7 (Auto Pro Mod I think), MIR Real Street (Outlaw Radial), and 275 Radial.

Maybe something with:
Auto Pro Mod
Outlaw 10.5
Outlaw Radial
275 Radial

Maybe an index class or two to round things out. Where would this be held?

#5 ·
Outlaw 10.5, Outlaw radial, 275 radial
@ least $5k to win for radial with payouts all the way back to everyone that makes the field & same for 10.5 & $3500+ to win 275 with payout that go to all who qual. Promote the shit out of it & try to have it on a weekend that's free for most everybody. JMO there Mike!:-D

#9 ·
Mike with enough heads up we would be willing to make the haul with our 275 car.

#13 ·
Supe index racing is tough to do and is some great racing. We started my son racing in a Stock Suspenion 6.50 index class and I tell ya what it made him a better driver. We don't rely on an electronics to run the number and make the shift without the benefit of a CO2 shifter like many run. We run in several heads up classes but there is a need for some sort of index racing at an event like what Mike is talking about, not everybody can afford to go heads up racing.

#11 ·
It's one thing to get the cars there... Good Money takes care of that..
Gotta be Heads Up Outlaw classes....
Gettin a crowd there, is another story...
Dont listen to Bacarty... He's caught up in the dying World of 1/4 mile Outlaw Street Car Racing...
Denny Savage
ORTC Race Coordinator
RTCTTFMF'ers

#16 ·
Mike as I told your dad the track has to be good and the money has to be there but I wouldn't expect to put on a race and have 20 cars show up at the 1st one or even the 2nd one. This type of racing takes time to build a good series that people support on a consistant basis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.