Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Race team T-shirts, who has them, need opinions

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  chasracer 
#1 ·

SO either your own T-shirt or one that you saw & it really caught your eye.
I want us to wear matching shirts next season, and I am not a fan of the pro style uniforms for a little guy like me.
It would be nice to look like an actual team. At least a little bit.

Trying to decide how elaborate to make these??
What view to use.
I have a really nice front 3/4 burnout that seems to be popular, but I kind of like the launch photo's??

YES, I know, it's still an ugly old Lumina, trust me, I get it, it will never be as cool as most racecars, but it's mine!!

Nothing like this, I want the car to be prominent, not the name, might not even use my name, haven't decided??

No offense Benjamin!!!

See less See more
#3 ·

I'm 19!!!! I just had a rough childhood!!!

That is cool, but I really don't want exaggerations, I'm just a little nobody and want to look semi organized.

OH YEA, my eyes don't look like that since I quit drinking.

Reactions: bambam598
#5 ·

Hoping to attract better help if they think I actually have a pot to piss in???
As said, the helpers I have now leave a lot to be desired :(

Been waxing up the trailer, updating lights, adding hangers, etc etc.
Too many irons in the fire, going to slow down all the grandiose plans for next year and just get what I have running!!

Reactions: 1BadRail
#7 ·
Don't dress your team in T-shirts, as they will just blend in with the rest of the crowd at the track. Invest in some good quality button down shirts and decent slacks. Have the guys wear shop coats or coveralls when working in the pits in order to keep their clothes at least somewhat clean. Matching shoes, such as Simpson pit shoes are inexpensive would also be a good choice. Have your crew people pay a portion of the costs for the uniforms, as well as a portion of the cost for professional laundering.

The extra money that you spend to keep your crew looking professional will reap benefits as far a sponsor relations are concerned. AND the professionalism of yourself and your crew will be noticed by potential sponsors, and maybe even the TV cameras.

Reactions: john11gt
#8 ·

Thanks, but there will never be sponsors.
I'm not fooling myself into thinking a 1994 Lumina in T/S will ever have sponsor potential.

I bought solid red shirts about 15 years ago and it definitely looked better than what we usually wore.
Like I said, I just want to look semi like we know what we're doing.

#9 ·

Thanks, but there will never be sponsors.
I'm not fooling myself into thinking a 1994 Lumina in T/S will ever have sponsor potential.

I bought solid red shirts about 15 years ago and it definitely looked better than what we usually wore.
Like I said, I just want to look semi like we know what we're doing.

LoL, you don't race much less know what you are doing...
You're just an internet blow hard...
And a pretty dumb one at that.....!!!

#10 ·
I had some T shirts made for a team I crew on. It is a blown alcohol drag radial car. It is yellow and loud, gets a lot of attention.I bought several myself and gave them to good buddy’s of mine. Some of my buddy’s help a little here and there. The car owner didn’t seem impressed with them, I thought they turned out good for about $15 apiece. They had a picture the track photo guy took and his name on the front . The back had the name of a couple company’s that help him some and his name again. He was too cheap to get any really good ones. He bought some for friends and family and for the other main crew guy. After a few races they forgot to wear them on and off.
A guy I worked withs son works for a big company that does national sports team shirts and he bought his own machine with a buddy. He had the hookup on buying decent shirts for around $5 and then doing his printing on them.
I just think it looks more professional if we all wear the same shirt when we go to the starting line.

Reactions: mrdragster1970
#11 ·

That's why last time I kept all the shirts, and cleaned them between events.
I had 4 of every size, so like I said, at least we looked semi professional.
I'm planning to do more traveling, and some of my customers want to start attending.
It will make them feel included.
Not for getting their money, hoping to find one or two that will help on a regular basis.

Doing T-shirts isn't about the money, I just think it's a little silly for a nobody like me having fancy uniforms??
It's the same as when a 10 second guy brings 11 people to the line, gets help staging with a flat hood,
and makes a big show out of adjusting wheelie bars, and pulling the pin on his chute, that he doesn't even use!!!

I don't want any attention, I just want to be back out there, not cause any delays or be a distraction to the other lane!!

#12 ·
I have some shirts that I picked up from Speedway Motors - decent, not overly expensive but I really don't have a crew anymore. I did see one team a couple of years ago that had Dickie short sleeve work shirts. They were monogrammed above one pocket with their first name and on the other pocket was the team name. Looked good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.