Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about putting together a race. I have quite a few connections I can call in and work some stuff out.

I have some questions too
first the promoter gets entry fees, door fees. What about parking?

I also would like suggestions on payouts you think would be a little on the safe side but yet lucritive for the race community.

I want to dump every dime I can back to the racers.

Was thinking about a mininum payout of 5 grand (using this number as an example), but yet increasing payouts based on the final take of the race.

Maybe basing the final spreading of the profits to pay some money as far down as we can get. example 1st thru 5 th......the with the final pay out on profits spreading as far as we can go down the line.

I am looking for suggestions and please keep in mind right now I am just thinking out loud

It would be at VMP. I have a call into mark now

·
Registered
659 Posts
You cant decide payout structure until you know fixed costs, so to say what you want to pay out is just blue sky until you can say how much money your working with.
All promoters would like to pay out big. But when the cost of renting the track, and that can vary a lot depending on which track and how much of it your renting, is so large there is no money left to pay out.
In your very own question you ask about who gets what monies, entries, spectators, parking, etc, that is all different with different tracks and what part the track will play in the event.
Are you staffing the track, are you paying for prep, are you insuring the event, etc.
Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You cant decide payout structure until you know fixed costs, so to say what you want to pay out is just blue sky until you can say how much money your working with.
All promoters would like to pay out big. But when the cost of renting the track, and that can vary a lot depending on which track and how much of it your renting, is so large there is no money left to pay out.
In your very own question you ask about who gets what monies, entries, spectators, parking, etc, that is all different with different tracks and what part the track will play in the event.
Are you staffing the track, are you paying for prep, are you insuring the event, etc.
Hope this helps a little.
It does help, I know there is a lot to sort, I wont even do this until next year. As far as the track goes I will use all track staff. I know it will create a bigger expense but at least it is something we dont have to worry about.

Insurance is a must for me. I will tap a lot of my own resources so I can insure some gaurantees to the participants

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
pjohnson give me a call when you get a chance.

305-607-5597

John Sears

X275 Drag Radial - VMP & MIR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts