Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im running a pro stock car and i am just about to order a sportsman race pack. Has anyone used the new IQ3 dash? should i run the UDX OR IQ3?

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
Im running a pro stock car and i am just about to order a sportsman race pack. Has anyone used the new IQ3 dash? should i run the UDX OR IQ3?
We have had a discussion on here about it before, a search might lead to more info.

Yes, its a great dash, plenty of teams are using it with great success. The IQ3 allows you to tag each channel how you want to, it has the internal shift light. Its even a little lighter.

My real question is why you would run a Pro Stock car with a Sportsman logger and not use a V300SD?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i am having trouble making my mind up about that to.v300 over the sportsman datalogger. i know there is a ton more options with the v 300. you think i should run the v 300 ?

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
Yeah i am having trouble making my mind up about that to.v300 over the sportsman datalogger. i know there is a ton more options with the v 300. you think i should run the v 300 ?
If it is a tube chassis Pro Level car, I would highly suggest the V300SD. I am sure with a car like that you will benefit from the ability to add shock travel data as the budget allows.

If you have any questions just let me know.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
We run the IQ3 with a V300SD, and it's a great setup. We chose the IQ3 because it has a little bit more customization, has the integrated warning lights, and (we thought) looks better. We like it a lot.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Is there an IQ# that will interface with Bigstuff 3 without the v net cable?

My big stuff has a racepak dash plug already. I was under impression to use iq3 I needed the cable too

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
Is there an IQ# that will interface with Bigstuff 3 without the v net cable?

My big stuff has a racepak dash plug already. I was under impression to use iq3 I needed the cable too
No, the v-net cable is the communication connection between the BS3 and Racepak.

You would have to find out if your BS3 is setup for a dash or a logger. Either way it needs a cable to connect.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Thanks for the set up on my UDXBS3 dash Joe!! I did a small test in my garage last night and everything works great on it. Tomorrow I can't wait to start fitting it into my factory dash. I would have considered the IQ3 but the UDX is the correct physical dimension to fit right into my factory dash.

:supz:

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I had the BS3 set up for race pak.....so I just hook up Iq3 ??? Data log built in and dash was added also

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
Josh, happy to help. We will get the rest of that stuff figured out as well!

Paul, there are 2 different upgrades for Racepak components, it would depend on what you got.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts