Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There will be a new engine contest, Race Engine Challenge, held in Charlotte on October 3, 4, 5, and 6th, 2018.
The contest will be held at Atlantic Business Center, 4913 Chastain Avenue, Charlotte, NC at a private dyno (Land and Sea Pro 2000) facility.
Media coverage will be by Engine Builder Magazine and Speedville.com.

Winning dollars and the "no Mickey Mouse" rules will be finalized and applications accepted by the time of the PRI show and acceptance notices will go
out by January 15th, 2018. This is an American iron contest: Gm, Ford and Mopar.

Charlotte and this dyno facility has several advantages. Charlotte has a major airport with direct flights and is only a short distance from the facility.
The facility is also within a short wakling distance of a number of hotels and restaurants.

Our mission is to have a contest run by engine builders and for engine builders without any corporate suits getting in the middle.

www.raceenginechallenge.com

Greg Finnican
Charlotte
704 408-7356

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Well - I am not an engine builder, but I will be very interested to see this go down! I'm actually upset Hot Rod killed off Engine Masters. I enjoyed most of what they were doing, but couldn't care less about Hot Rod.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
From what I've been told, I think they've already received entry applications for around 12-14 engines.
There will be an over-all winner, and also a "canted valve" winner and "non-canted valve" winner.
I've already designed lobe profiles for one of the entrants.
In my opinion the rules package is much better then what the Engine Masters had.

·
Registered
98 Posts
From what I've been told, I think they've already received entry applications for around 12-14 engines.
There will be an over-all winner, and also a "canted valve" winner and "non-canted valve" winner.
I've already designed lobe profiles for one of the entrants.
In my opinion the rules package is much better then what the Engine Masters had.
do you have a brick in mortor store? im right down the road from yall in mount holly..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts