Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 345 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'm heart broken right now.....I know there has been a thread started already with plenty of post with people sending condolences to Rich & his Family and I thank you all for the kind words....

I Just drove Rich's Truck & Trailer home and parked it in his Driveway and words cannot express what I was feeling during that ride knowing Rich would never walk with or talk with any of us again......Rich was a member here "Rich970" also a member of CUDRA and he loved his Mopar!! It was my pleasure to know him pretty much most of my life as he and my dad attended the same high school, Rich, A quiet guy, Stayed in the back round mostly, but always and I mean always had A Smile on his face, He was just that guy, You may have not known him, But you couldn't help but to like him......Sadly, I feel like that smile was taken for granted, I knew I would see it again after that pass because he had just laid down a good one 8.58 @ 151 mph and then it happened ...
Details & Facts :Rich Had just put a new Jerico Trans in his car and taken the old stock type hemi 4-speed out....The difference in the two were that when he let out of the gas on the top end the old trans would pull the car down making it easier to stop whereas the new trans would Pop into Neutral as soon as he lifted as he found out first pass this morning, Judging by the MPH on his final pass Rich was trying to counter the trans popping out of gear by grabbing a little brake as he lifted,He had just said that he'd had a hell of a time stopping the pass prior, anyway, There was a small puff of smoke at the finish line and the car made a hard left into the guardrail just past the finish line then shot back right into the far guardrail at which point broke the rail and fed itself through the passenger side of the car impaling Rich and Killing him instantly....The dragster Driven By Chuck Waid was also involved as he barrel rolled his car trying to avoid coming into contact with Rich (I Wish Chuck A Speedy Recovery).....No amount of safety Equipment could have saved him, all the broken bars were ripped out of it by the guardrail including the drivers seat & harnesses...I'm not a fan of guardrails,But we make decisions to race and we know the risk involved.....Rich along with many others are/were well aware of these type of risk and chose to race there anyway, So please do not Bash Thompson Raceway Park for not having Full Barrier Wall, Just Hope That in the future changes can be made to help prevent tragedy's like this one....

I'd like to Thank the Thompson Raceway Staff & Jimmy Curtis & The Renegade Racing Assoc. For Donating the proceeds of Todays race to Rich's Family. I'd also like to thank all the racers that came over to offer a hand and to make sure we didn't need anything..I can't remember the woman's name who always walks around bare foot, But She is some special kind of lady,She's with Dan Chuppa and truly a sweetheart,She would not go until she new for sure we didn't need anything, She even offered some yard space not too far from the track if we could not get his stuff home, It made me smile during a very rough time to see the support of fellow racers.....Rich, We Love You & We'll Miss you...Keep Shifting Those gears in the Sky.

·
Banned...Four Times
40,200 Posts
Sorry for the loss of a friend and I am sure the family appreciates what you did for them. I know that doesn't mean a lot but I don't really know what else to say. May he rest in peace.

·
WHO DAT???
15,756 Posts
chevydude, I'm so sorry for the lost of your good friend. My condolences go out to you and Richard's family. I will include you guys in my prayers. From all the post on here Richard sounds just like you've expressed and he will be sadly missed. Richard sure had a very nice car and I'm sure it was his pride and joy. Again, I'm very sorry for the lost of your good Richard and condolences to you and Richard's family. RIP fellow Bullet brothern Richard Moore.....

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thank you for an explanation. As a fellow racer I always wonder specifically what happens in this type of situation (in the hopes to better prepare myself), but certainly will never bring it up or ask for details.

I cannot imagine driving that rig home.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.

·
REBUILDING
10,877 Posts
Chevydude: "No amount of safety Equipment could have saved him, all the broken bars were ripped out of it by the guardrail including the drivers seat & harnesses...I'm not a fan of guardrails,But we make decisions to race and we know the risk involved.....Rich along with many others are/were well aware of these type of risk and chose to race there anyway, So please do not Bash Thompson Raceway Park for not having Full Barrier Wall, Just Hope That in the future changes can be made to help prevent tragedy's like this one...."

Very well said and WE WILL SEE...........
I have had the pleasure of meeting Rich 15 plus years ago, his car was blue back then. He will be missed and hopefully he will not have died in vain.....
I am not playing the blame game because the pictures speak for themselves. I have seen a closeup video, walk around of the car after the crash, that Chevydude sent me. A ProMod chassis/cage would not have save Rich since he was "impaled by the guard rail." It sliced THRU (not between) the bars at 150mph. No blame....but preventable..............YOU DECIDE..................A picture says a thousand words. GODSPEED MY FRIEND. Today we all pray for change.

·
THREAD KILLER
5,135 Posts
reading that brings back into focus what we all take for granted in our lives and how we get all bent up over trivial B/S as it always does, for that I thank you. Sorry to hear of the loss.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
chevydude, I'm so sorry for the lost of your good friend. My condolences go out to you and Richard's family. I will include you guys in my prayers. From all the post on here Richard sounds just like you've expressed and he will be sadly missed. Richard sure had a very nice car and I'm sure it was his pride and joy. Again, I'm very sorry for the lost of your good Richard and condolences to you and Richard's family. RIP fellow Bullet brothern Richard Moore.....
Thanks, He was 56 and had it since high school, The only car he ever raced.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Hands down a sad day for all.

God speed and blessings to you and the family.

Clutches for life,

Mistah

1 - 20 of 345 Posts