1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
Quitter.....

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
I tried it all.laser,patches,hypnoses,acupuncture and Chantix.
Chantix will work if you can stand the nightmares at night.
patch worked for me.
big thing is,NOTHING is going to work,unless you WANT TO QUIT.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I used Chantix, but it really comes down to the fact that you have to want to quit. That stuff will help but it's up to you in the end. The first three days or so are the worst, it gets earier after that.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
when you put the last one down.....you quit.......just dont start back...you can do it

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I tried it all.laser,patches,hypnoses,acupuncture and Chantix.
Chantix will work if you can stand the nightmares at night.
patch worked for me.
big thing is,NOTHING is going to work,unless you WANT TO QUIT.
Chantix damn near turned me into a mas-murderer LOL

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am on day 54. I have been useing Chantix when I can remember to take the dam pills. Going off the pills this week. Just tired of them. the first week is the hardest. Right now I get urges but not like the first week. I still get some days it feels like i just quit. I keep telling myself if I smoke one I will be right back to smoking.
The good part is so far I have saved almost $900. I was smoking 2 packs a day and have been smoking for 30 years. I am saveing $400 a month and will be buying myself a nice truck very soon.

Good luck and stay with it

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have chantix but didn't want to take it based on what others had said.

It hasn't been that bad so far, but tomorrow around coffee time I'm sure it will be a little rough. Hopefully I can kick the habit..

Good side, thats more money to spend on racing !!!!

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I have chantix but didn't want to take it based on what others had said.

It hasn't been that bad so far, but tomorrow around coffee time I'm sure it will be a little rough. Hopefully I can kick the habit..

Good side, thats more money to spend on racing !!!!
The Chantix really does work! All kidding aside, take it after you eat because it will make you sick on an empty stomack. Also don't take two pills a day more that about two weeks and it won't mess with your attitude too much. Hang in there.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I am back on the patch, I take it off at night before bed, the dreams were way to vivid. The first few days for me is the easiest, as time goes on it gets hard. At home its easy, at my shop with my employees its hardest.

·
Registered
15,502 Posts
Stay strong!!

·
pist'n Broke
20,936 Posts
i quit 12 years ago cold turkey, well i went through alot of sun flower seeds, candy and gum...the sad part is i started back but im going to try again...

i just wish i could get the wife to quit it would be much easier... GOOD LUCK...

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
been quit now for just a little over a year. patches worked best for me. stay strong bud, you wont regret it.

·
Let's have one.
3,176 Posts
I quit cold turkey 8 years ago. Like they said..you have to WANT to quit. My helper was the wifey was pregnant. Lots of gum,candy etc. to occupy myself. Always reaching for that front pocket for a month or so.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks!! My wife smokes and so do 90% of my buddies so that makes it a little harder. Hopefully I can talk her into it next.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts