Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 4588 Posts

·
Badrooster
19,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's only been 2 days. How long before the jitters stop? Also, night sweats? Not freakin' fun so far.

Scott Sloan

·
RED ROCKET
8,628 Posts
i felt that way as well when i left alcohol...i moved on to gas and nitrous and now i am happy.

lol..but good luck for real with your goals..

·
Registered
533 Posts
ive stopped for 2 months...only felt funny for a few days. no shakes or jitters physically..but felt on edge and jittery lol..youll prob feel fine soon..but i wasnt drinking daily, but when i drank i drank excessively..maybe a few times a week...def weekends..

·
Donnie Vincent
5,970 Posts
I didn't get the jitters but your body is going through hell right now.. about a week you'll be feeling like a million bucks, You will see changes for quite some time.. Hang in there, I quit feb 14th and it's a whole new world.. wait till you start eating like a pig and shit foot balls..:rolleyes: Good luck man, you can do it if I did, I was crushing up to a 30 pack a day..

·
Registered
458 Posts
You are still detoxing. It could be a few more days depending on how much you were drinking daily. Please seek professional help, if only just someone to talk with. This is very difficult without some support. Congratulations on your positive choice!

·
Unoffical YB Fundraiser
14,678 Posts
It's only been 2 days. How long before the jitters stop? Also, night sweats? Not freakin' fun so far.

Scott Sloan
It really depends on how much you were drinking,
self detox is not healthy and can kill you.

You have made the right choice to quit, now please call your doctor and ask for help. I went through this a few times this past year with my brother in law, 3 ER visits and the last time he was hours from death and spent 2.5 weeks in the hospital.

Good luck on your sobriety,

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I guit 20 years ago because of the jitters, and night sweats that lasted five days after a weekend drunk. After I missed the first weekend, I felt better.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I would say that is a good sign that you need to stop. I drink everyday. i try to limit myself to 3 or 4 a day but i usually do 2 cases on the weekend. Good for you man! Hang in there.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts

Scott Sloan
When I quit, I was drinking 18 beers a day! So Instead of cold turkey , I bought N/A beer and drank that for a few times, it has a very small amount of alcohol, in it, but what u do is tell your mind u are still drinking while slowly weening yourself off it for good!... I still drink a N/A now and then ,but been sober since may 23rd 97!

·
Registered
458 Posts
you will have to find new stuff to do with your time.
go to the movies
go to visit freinds that dont drink
jack off more ( LOL cant hurt )
YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Now on the serious side congratulations. As with anything, if you can't do it in moderation and at the proper time and place its time to quit. Good-luck and let us know how you make out.

·
Read Only
5,341 Posts
Been sober 18 yrs now, woke up one morning on the bathroom floor and never looked back. everybody is different, you will need to stop going to the places you did that made you drink, or you will pick up again and continue. This will change your entire life. Congrats on the first day of the rest of your life.

·
Badrooster
19,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
12-24 beers a day for easily a decade. I did sleep 8 straight last night. Woke up twice in a puddle tho. Moved over and right back out. Thanks for all the well wishes. I need 'em.

Scott

1 - 20 of 4588 Posts