Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know whats going on but man it business has died down to nothing since the beginning of the year. The only phone calls I get are from telemarketers and vendors wanting me to buy more stuff!

If this keeps up I'm gonna be forced to close doors.
Anyone else feeling the pinch?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
They are waiting for their creit card bills to come in from Xmas before they start spending anymore.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
We closed the doors Fri. Been in business for five years building racecars and selling parts. The economy over the last six months has been terrible here.

·
Registered
8,052 Posts
I work in a steel fab shop and we have been slowing down as well

·
Tire Waster
7,086 Posts
Worst month for sales in the last 12 - December, 2010. January is easily worse than that so far. All I know is I tried to get a crank offset ground and the turnaround was 6 weeks. So SOMEONE is busy.

·
cynic/realist
15,961 Posts
The news says things are getting better. Sorry to hear about the slow-downs.

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Your are NOT the Lone Ranger , i work on boats in a fkin state that is surrounded by water , and i'm slooooooooooooooooooo i guess it go's with my car :mad::smt089:smt089

·
Registered
828 Posts
People are waiting till they get tax return money.
^^^^ I see this every year.For the next 2 months I'll spend 2-3 hrs. a day pricing all kinds of off the wall shit.Then they say "Okay,I'll call you when I get my tax refund".
Oct.2010 was the worst for me.

·
Registered
939 Posts
It has been slow for the last couple months for me - I actually sold my business on December 23 - got out when the gettin' was good - the previous years have always been extremely slow during January and February....Good luck and hope March shows up soon!!!

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Our shop has been booking 3-5 days out since Thanksgiving.When we got back from the T day holiday we had 11 cars towed in ,and it has been insane ever since.
I'm so sick of working on vehicles etc. I don't even want to work on my stuff when I get free time!-That's not good!

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
81,031 Posts
IT'S THE BEGINNING... OF THE END....

·
Trouble Maker, So Im told
4,433 Posts
I'm always slow this time of year , I use this time to get caught up on other old project cars .
That and clean up the shop and anything else that needs tending .

1 - 20 of 34 Posts