Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at either a Quickfuel QFX 1050 or a Pro-systems built for my application. The Pro-systems is actually cheaper from what patrick quoted me. My only dilemma is my engine builder said he would only put a QFX on it, if it was his. Anyone ever dynoed them both? Or have any input? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
prosystems, ive used personally and installed and tuned close to 14 motors with them and they have been close to perfect everytime. Ive used quickfuel stuff and its good aswell, but ive run into a problem with their 1050, where on the dyno the engine required more jet but the passages inside the metering block was too small and the block was the restricting part no matter what jet you could put into it. i know patrick will modify blocks to go past that issue.

i dont think you will go wrong either way but prosystems would be my choice, and his tech service is the best in biz.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I've had two carbs from Patrick and one was dead on out of the box and the other only required one jet change. Can't beat his customer service either.

·
Registered
592 Posts
The customer service alone from Pro-Systems is worth it. My carb took a little tweaking to get rolling, but someone was there or returned my call anytime I needed help.

Edit - not saying QFT has bad service or anything at all. I can only speak of my positive experience with pro systems.

·
Bracket racer
13,292 Posts
Quick Fuel. Customer service is top notch!

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Pro-Systems without a doubt!

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Here's a few more great choices IMO .......Braswell, Bob Books, BLP!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I hear Patrick is great. I bought a Quick Fuel and could not be more happy with the customer service and tech advice. I am running a fairly radical small block with a 271 / 279 @ .050, 106LC camshaft on the street and want the carb to do EVERYTHING perfect including a nice lean cruise and idle. With my camshaft and vacuum changes, it has always been impossible to get it perfect everywhere. QF has spent literally hours on the phone with me advising changes in jets, bleeds, emulsions, and now the car drives like it is fuel injected. And is faster then it ever was with a worked Holley before. They have never been condescending or talked down to me for stupid questions, that is very important.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I bought a Pro Systems carb of off everyones word just like this. Going to say not all that impressed with some things and its not even close out of the box. Also spoke with them the other day and the guy i talked to wasnt all that helpfull just said send it in and we will look at it. One gasket was wrong between the body and front plate and the squirter cam was on wrong up front and some getto home made lookin screw holding the rear squirter cam on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
just received my second pro systems carb. 1st one picked my 408w up a full 1/10 in qtr over my old built 1050 dom. went 9.70- three times and following week went 9.60 with P/S carb n/a at same track under less ideal weather. picked up from starting line to stripe. set float level and idle

·
Vendor
6,460 Posts
I previously ran a Pro-Systems and had some issues but Patrick was great for customer service for sure. I still had a little issue with a little drop in power a hundred feet out or so and was told it was the intermediate circuit and I tried a QF carb and it ran and idled great and couldn't be happier. I have had 3 different carbs from them now or more and am currently running a pair of their splits and having no issues. I think you will find lots of opinions both ways on this and you will probably be happy with either and you will get good service from both so it's a toss up.

·
Diamond Pistons Rep
4,400 Posts
Call Zack @ Quick Fuel . . . by far one of the best carbs out there !!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have only used Patrick @ pro systems, as everyone has said his customer service is excellent, I have called from the race track on a sunday afternoon from all the way over in England UK and have owned one of his incredible SV1's and one of his 4bbl nitrous dominators, You wont be disapointed if you choose Patrick, his tuning dvd's are great to,
Rick

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I am a true AED fan myself. There carbs and customer service is awesome.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts