Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wondering, my street car runs pretty good for what it is I think, just wondering what some other people have done with a 350. My 89 camaro went 10.23 at 132 with a not so great 1.64 sixty (usually 1.40-1.44) on one small kit 150. Just wondering what some others have done I,m sure somebody has been lot faster just curious how much faster.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way I am useing a cold fusion two stage cross bar plate. Wondering what some others have ended up with as far as tune up.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I went 10.19 @ 136 with my car years ago with a 10.5 to 1 355 with a set of ported 292 turbo heads. That was done on a set of 275 BFG's and before I had the chassis totally sorted out. I'm sure I could put that motor into the 9's today if I still had it. It was one of my favorite motors and ran great for the few $ I had in it.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Younger days

Growing up way back when, this was probably late eighties or early nineties but I had an 81 Z/28 street car, with 9 inch slicks and a roller 355 with a Cheater NOS system in went 6.60's on a regular basis. Never ran it 1/4, it was a low comp. street motor though.
Then they started enforcing having a cage in the car, and was asked not to come back till I got one in the car. Pretty sure now you culd make one a lot faster than that. Especially in a light car.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I'm at least in the ballpark. I thought it was pretty good the car weighs 3340 with me in it, stock suspension 275/60/15 mickey radials mechanical water pump and fan. Thanks for feedback

·
Banned
3,102 Posts
I went 10.19 @ 136 with my car years ago with a 10.5 to 1 355 with a set of ported 292 turbo heads. That was done on a set of 275 BFG's and before I had the chassis totally sorted out. I'm sure I could put that motor into the 9's today if I still had it. It was one of my favorite motors and ran great for the few $ I had in it.
Out of curiosity do you remember what cam was in the engine?
How much did you spray it using pump gas?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Out of curiosity do you remember what cam was in the engine?
How much did you spray it using pump gas?
I think I may have the old cam card in my tool box. I will dig around for it this weekend when I'm in the garage. It was a comp solid roller in the mid .500 area. Those times were on a 225 shot.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My 3100 lb 69 camaro ran a 6.28 (1/8th mile) back in April with a 200 shot. The car has a 355, 10.1 comp ratio, cam motion custom grind, AFR 210's, pro-systems card and TH 400. That was done footbraking the car off the line. The car is getting the cage upgraded right now and getting a parachute mounted. I plan on increasing the nitrous, launching off the T-Brake and hope to get into the 5's.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
i went [email protected] in my rx7 with a 358 ci pump gas small block chevy with a progressive and a big shot plate ..350 in the plate ..
the car was around 2800 lbs and went 10.6 -10.7 on motor with a solid flat tappet cam ,and performer rpm heads that were well gone through ..
heres a vid of testing on a 150 hit 1st night out with new suspention 9.5 @141...
if the vid says unavailable click the veiw in high resolution on the right
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FnajsbZNHE

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
i like this thread it reminds me of the early days of street racing. i had a friend that had a 355 stock bottom end fresh with cast pistons small cam around 230 at .050 and 480 lift with smog heads and a 250 shot it ran mid 10s for 2 years before the pistons disappered he made alot of money street racing it and only had about 800.00 in it total. those were the fun days

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Had a 64 velle with a stock 400 sbc and a plate.....Painted the valve covers on the hood...without covering the hood......2x4 in the passenger spring, instead of air bag....9" slick...ran bottom 10`s and made money street racing it for a while......good times.....

Car was a REAL beater!!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.