Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes the quickest brake for a glide??

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, let me rephrase---whats the quickest brake for a glide that isnt $1000

·
Super Moderator
19,365 Posts
There are several out there that perform well as purchased and usually go by the name of "fluid release" or "pro brake" . If you want it faster it has to be tuned at the time of installation by a professional.

Hutch

·
Registered
781 Posts
There are several out there that perform well as purchased and usually go by the name of "fluid release" or "pro brake" . If you want it faster it has to be tuned at the time of installation by a professional.

Hutch
X2

·
Registered
781 Posts
X2.... The "tuned by a professional" is the key phrase to make it work correctly! Dont misundestand this, it will be fast out of the box, but they do need to be tweaked by someone familiar with their design and operation, thats where the professional comes into play

·
Registered
662 Posts
There is an aluminum one with the lightweight and big valve for around $450 I think. I've use it with an adjustable dedenbear button and it's QUICK!

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
My Hughes Pro Brake works excellent. I can cut .03 to .04 light pretty darn consistent on a .400 pro tree at 3400lbs.. My 2 pennies.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input guys, I think im leaning toward the aluminum Hipster brake

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks for the input guys, I think im leaning toward the aluminum Hipster brake
Unless Hipster has fixed there quality control problem I would look at something else. Had 2 different trans builders tell me the same thing about the Hipster brake. The aluminum brake isn't worth anything if it doesn't function properly just my opinion

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think that there are other factors in build of the transmission other than just the V/B that will make the transbrake release faster/quicker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts