Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an idea what a gallon of PPG Black Cherry Pearl Paint costs...it's an original HD color from 2005..#905951 I believe. Thinking of painting my car this color, just don't have any idea if it's $500 a gallon or $1500 a gallon....Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anyone have an idea what a gallon of PPG Black Cherry Pearl Paint costs...it's an original HD color from 2005..#905951 I believe. Thinking of painting my car this color, just don't have any idea if it's $500 a gallon or $1500 a gallon....Thanks
that will really depend on your jobber and what PPG line you decide to go with.

·
42,974 Posts
Check with YB member NuKidOnDaBlock . He has an inside connection on PPG products and gets great discounted prices and passes the saving on to members here. Even with the shipping, you usually make out really well.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
You are picking a color high on the cost schedule but not crazy. Deltron is PPG top of the line and I have found the Harley Davidson colors I needed are only available in Deltron formulas, and this one is only available in Deltron. I only spray Deltron anyway, it is the best, and the most expensive. Any of the "budget' product brands usually just leads to needing more material for coverage. So you get the material for half price but buy twice as much. And the metallic's are not as nice, and the additional material needed for coverage on the budget stuff leads to unneeded film build up. Additionally, Burgundy's. Maroons, Black Cherry's, are at the very top of the price schedule , so this one is a price code K, $1091 at the PPG store! I have helped a few racers on this forum save a couple bucks to help their dream come true, this Hot Rod Race Car shit is so expensive. It's cheaper for me to mix it. PM me when your ready.

·
Registered
42 Posts
it is available in Global, Deltron, and Envirobase,

Deltron is actually cheaper than Global, i cant tell any difference in the 2 except Global seems to match better once in awhile.

not sure if it available in cheaper shop line or something i weed those brands out from my computer.

My Ready to Spray cost for a Quart is 59.25

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
If u have Facebook look up Tammie Miller and she will mix it for u and save you a good bit of money. She is the owner of tamco paint. I have never had base coat cover like her tamco does. I would only spray ppg for the longest time until I tried tamco. Customer service is top notch as well. The 4100 and 2104 clears are terrific and crystal clear. Very high solids and cut and buffs easily. Just another option for u if your interested.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
it is available in Global, Deltron, and Envirobase,

Deltron is actually cheaper than Global, i cant tell any difference in the 2 except Global seems to match better once in awhile.

not sure if it available in cheaper shop line or something i weed those brands out from my computer.

My Ready to Spray cost for a Quart is 59.25
I only found that Black Cherry in DBC Dave. Called the retail store today to see if I was wrong. Seems to be the case with Harley colors. And PPG is the only one I have found beside Harley that has Harley codes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I only found that Black Cherry in DBC Dave. Called the retail store today to see if I was wrong. Seems to be the case with Harley colors. And PPG is the only one I have found beside Harley that has Harley codes.
Most Harley's are painted by Gunslinger and they wont share their codes with anyone.
thats what they are sprayed in is DBC and cleared with DelFleet clear. if you are able to find a Harley code it was most likely painted by another company.

any how, it is available in those three brands, i can send you the formulas if you want them

Colorite has all the paint for harley as well

1 - 9 of 9 Posts