Yellow Bullet Forums banner

quick change question

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Supershafts 
#1 ·
want to put one in my sand drag jeep. what should i look for and what will i have to do for it to live at 1200hp with paddle tires in the sand?

#5 ·
which quickchange would you guys recommend?

#6 ·
Always have run winters or franklin.But call them or southwest speed.tell them what you are doing they will be honest if it will hold up or not.

#7 ·
I have one in my hot rod and i don't think they'll live with any real power esp in a mudder. They also suck up power because of all the gearing and stuff going on inside there. They look sexy tho and expensive.

#8 ·
I don't think they suck up power... The ring is driven dead center...and the other gears that drive the pin are straight cut... the lower shaft is a thru shaft to the gear that drives the pin if you want to call it that, and that is dead center on the ring... which is the ideal spot for power loss...

They're used in many forms of racing, i was going to put a Halibrand QC Champ in my car many years ago... wish i did buy that rear now...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.