Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Liquor Makes Me Think
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question. Im building a little pickup. I was planning to build a 25.3 cage (helmet fully in front of main hoop and factory firewall and floors) and I bought the spec book. But now im thinking about keeping the back bars down low and under the bed cover. Im aware this will only let me run 7.50 but thats fine.

The question is: If I build everything to 25.3 spec but connect the back bars to my harness bar. Would that pass as a 25.4?

·
Registered
321 Posts
In my looking at cages. The specs arent completely progressive. It's not add bars to get to next level, sometimes a different size bars, or different location of bars are needed. You have to find someone who has built ant 25.3 and a 25.4 or better yet talk to your local inspector as they would be the one to make that call.

·
The Liquor Makes Me Think
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In my looking at cages. The specs arent completely progressive. It's not add bars to get to next level, sometimes a different size bars, or different location of bars are needed. You have to find someone who has built ant 25.3 and a 25.4 or better yet talk to your local inspector as they would be the one to make that call.
Yeah i have a 25.3 book. which is for a faster spec than 25.4 but the 24.3 has a call out on back bars. 25.4 does not.
Im just curious if i build everything to 25.3 spec except for the back bars, would it allow me to run my bars down low.
It looks like ill have to give my local inspector a call.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts