Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just picked up a Safecraft 5lb FE-36 system with 3 nozzles, and I have a few questions about installation. First up will be the tubing, but first a little info on the car. Its a 1998 Trans Am, stock suspension drag radial car. It has a single turbo LS motor and runs in the high 8's.

So on to tubing, it came with copper or brass tubing and we don't want to use it. First off because its copper or brass, secondly because there is not nearly enough of it anyway. I was going to use aluminum tubing but I have see that its not allowed? Can someone clarify this for me, what is the rule on the aluminum tube, when does it apply and so on.

Next up is bottle placement. According to the directions the bottle should be horizontal (no problem) and out of the sun. We are thinking of mounting it on the rear hump just behind the rear firewall (wolfe piece for those familiar). This will keep it out of the sun, but still keep it accessible if need be. My only concern with this is the additional line it will need. Does anyone see any problems with this?

Last, but not least, nozzle placement. As I said it is a three nozzle system and we are thinking two on the motor, one on the driver. We will start with the driver first, the idea is to mount one under the dash pointed down at the pedal area and up the legs some. The thought is that if there was a fire, that's the area it would be a problem for the driver. The other two we are thinking of placing on the front side of each shock tower pointing backwards. Do these locations sound good?

Sorry for the long read, but this is a very important system in the car and it doesn't do much if it isn't installed properly. It is something we hope to NEVER use, but if we do we want it to work to the best of its ability.

Thanks for the help,
Sean

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Use stainless tubing,all the chassis builders sell it in bulk. Rear mount on the bottle is fine. Nozzle lovation is correct, 2 in front the engine by the front motor plate.
Dash pointing back to your seat area for the other

1 - 2 of 2 Posts