Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know nobody cares but can ya'll answer a couple of questions. 1 how come there's never been a organized monster truck racing championship, I don't consider Monster Jam to be really a serious championship serious but more of a show, although many would disagree with me.2 why don't we see Bigfoot on mainstream TV lIke Monster jam which seems to get all the TV time now. There's a ton of trucks you don't see anymore like Bigfoot, Bearfoot, USA 1, KING Krunch, Snakebit & so on.

·
THREAD KILLER
5,135 Posts
I know nobody cares but can ya'll answer a couple of questions. 1 how come there's never been a organized monster truck racing championship, I don't consider Monster Jam to be really a serious championship serious but more of a show, although many would disagree with me.2 why don't we see Bigfoot on mainstream TV lIke Monster jam which seems to get all the TV time now. There's a ton of trucks you don't see anymore like Bigfoot, Bearfoot, USA 1, KING Krunch, Snakebit & so on.
All the trucks you see are owened by one company, clear chanel I believe. Those that wouldnt sell were assed out. Its no different than pro wrestling.

·
Maderator
16,246 Posts
There used to be several organized points races.... The Penda series comes to mind.

To the rest of your questions Bigfoot is a story in itself as to why he never sold to feld entertainment.... Freddie shafer is retired somewhere in Florida I believe. And the others are either still running smaller circuits or retired already.

·
Registered
28,570 Posts
Hit the Vintage Monster truck thread phuckstik :smt097

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
All the trucks you see are owened by one company, clear chanel I believe. Those that wouldnt sell were assed out. Its no different than pro wrestling.
I can find out the name of that company if you want to know of sure. My buddy's kid wrenches on them. He got in through family friend Debrah Miceli, better known as Madusa.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Bigfoot was the dominant in the sport, the Bigfoot org owned most of the trucks on the circuit. Snakebite was one of them when I was younger. Grave Digger, Carolina Crusher, etc all struggled as they were self sponsored and didn't have the income that bigfoot did. Well along comes a company, Monster Jam, and says if you give us all the rights then we will pay for this and that and this and that. So they branded them all, sold the toys and shirts to pay them to race and wreck. You never saw monster trucks destroy bodies on purpose until Monster Jam. When they say we will pay for the body if you wreck it on purpose why not go out and just destroy it?

·
Pontiac "big block"
10,048 Posts
I miss seeing all the old trucks. Carolina Crusher was one of my favorites.

·
Registered
28,570 Posts
VBB was my favorite of all times. Last I saw on the interweb it sat outside and turned to shit and someone bought it and was in the restoration process.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I'm surprised nobody ever put a junkyard 5.3 turbo megasquirt in one.
Pull the heat outta hell.

·
M0DERAT0R
17,630 Posts
I can find out the name of that company if you want to know of sure. My buddy's kid wrenches on them. He got in through family friend Debrah Miceli, better known as Madusa.
Is your buddies kid named Gary Jaworski?

·
Registered
17,858 Posts
Bearfoot was the shit...

1 - 20 of 82 Posts