Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys,

Im in the planning stages of building a N/A SBC engine and possibly goning turbo later.

Ive been doing some reasearch on so different EFI systems have most all the same features im looking for. the systems im looking into are FAST 2.0, Motec M48 or M84 and the top of the line Holley. IM confident all systems are more than capabe of what I to do N/A or turbo.

I quess im just looking into imput from users that have used those systems and what they liked or dis- liked about each system.

Thanks,
Jerid

·
Registered
100 Posts
BEST fuel injection system ever :)

If you want to use an inferior model though (hehe), I'd recomend giving a lot of thought with the Holley Dominator ECU. When I was initially going to do EFI I did a lot of research and in terms of features, pricing, customer service, customer reviews, etc..., the Dominator came out leaps and bounds ahead of Motec and XFI.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
They will all do more than you need, get the one you can get the best support on, some one who can help you in person thats having good success.

We use mega squirts and EMS Pro

·
Mike
7,404 Posts
I'm in the process of putting the Holley HP on my setup Doug Flynn has been great with getting the right stuff needed. EFI scars me to death but Doug is very reassuring and makes it easy to understand.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im really likeing the holley and XFI 2.0. I really didnt realize how far the EFI systems have advanced. no wonder so many cars are going so fast!!

·
Registered
49,442 Posts
Its all just a punching keys. some system make the results easier or more difficult depending on how complicated the setup is. Most people who do tunning are very familiar with the FAST/DFI/BS3 style of VE and know how to get it working well.Figure out who is going to tune the system and also "maybe install" go with what they prefer barring any stupid problems.

·
Mike
7,404 Posts
The Holley EFI works great. Had mine for about a year and a half.

Aukai...yours works good too! :)

JIM
Hi Jim, it did well with the tune from your car, and some small adjustments thanks for your help also. I just need to see if the smaller cam is going to give up anything. Sorry for the double post above, puter is playing hide and seek with the post.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Is anyone on here a dealer for Holley EFI? I've been wanting info on these systems as well. Who is the contact most of you guys been using as tech support?

·
Boss
2,097 Posts
All of the systems have pros/cons. As others have stated, it's beneficial to use a system that you feel comfortable with, or have local help. Most tuners can tune on any of them. I've used FAST, BS3, MS, and Holley. I have to say the software on the Holley is a little cleaner, and the auto tune is nice. Just don't expect the "Auto Learn" to do all of the work for you. As stated earlier, wire the system like the instructions say, and you will have little or zero issues with the system. Don't be one of the 500 that have skipped the instructions and created a voltage spiking nightmare. Another side note, the driver/communication issue has been resolved for now, no thanks to Microsoft. We should have units ready to ship next week or the week after. You will find supporters for each EMS on this site. Do your homework, and pick one. Customer Support can be found on here, or through our Tech Line/emails if you choose the Holley. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I've used DFI7, Haltech, Megasquirt, AEM and Holley. The Holley is by far easier to use than any of those. We put it on my friend Shannon's BBC turbo car and a couple weeks later went on Drag week. I did some tuning driving down the road with the autolearn to fine tune the fuel mileage and we averaged almost 8mpg which isn't too bad for a 555.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks again, ive downloaded all the different software and played with some. again, the Holley and XFI are impressing me the most so far.

·
Registered
49,442 Posts
thanks again, ive downloaded all the different software and played with some. again, the Holley and XFI are impressing me the most so far.
Take a look at the AEM series 2, its much different then the series 1 systems most are familiar with. Very inexpensive to setup a COP system to.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts